GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

Parking break binding

You are misspelling the devices that stops your car. Correct is; BRAKES. Common error, but only in the past few years. Not certain why!
  2. G

Key battery

Those coin shaped batteries are available everywhere. All discount dept. stores, pharmacies, hardware stores, etc. Just get the same number as the old one. Your owner’s manual has the instructions for replacement. Takes 30 seconds or so.
  3. G

Key battery

In general it’s best to keep the key fob at least 50’ away from the car when not in use. Otherwise the key will try to connect with the car electronics causing a drain at the key fob and the car battery. The car battery lasted 7 years in my GTI that way. The wafer battery in the fob goes at...
  4. G

Oil change oil?

The Agree. The independent shop likely be cheaper as well, at least on this side of the pond.
  5. G

Oil change oil?

Manuals are available online for every car. Bought one online for my sister’s Subaru for $12.00. Can’t imagine owning one of these cars without a manual. Your car needs to have the correct oil to maintain the warranty. Also do yourself a favor and change every 5,000 miles.
  6. G

Volkswagen CEO on fixing 'frustrating' interiors that 'did a lot of damage'

You only open the hood 2-3 times per year? Remind me not to buy your car used.
  7. G

Driving Profile again

There are vehicles that make the different driving modes indistinguishable, My VW GTI in not one of them. Probably the best way to help you define the differences is first try the setting, comfort, normal, and sport on a rough paved road. Try comfort and then sport, maybe a mile each. Then try...
  8. G

New gti 2023 owner :)

Tire Rack is a great source from wheel's and tires. You can pick out a wheel and/or tire and a graphic of what they look like on your car before you purchase. I always like to go with lighter, maybe smaller OD wheels for improved handling, performance, and maybe even ride. Lots of configuration...
  9. G

BigEURO MK8 GTI, done?

And the ride is?
  10. G

Entry/Exit

The Golf is an upright car and the tumblehome, lateral distance in to the seating position, is not very wide. I am 82 and 6’4” with no disabilities. My issue is the B post. For me most of the seat is behind it. Requires me to rotate my body around the post to get in the driver’s seat Of my GTI...
  11. G

No mk9 Golf?

No idea what the VW use of the ID and IMHO codes mean. In my day few knew what GTO meant. Help!
  12. G

is the autobahn package worth it?

Great. Does the display match the regular one? Can you use presets as per normal? My only real sacrifice would be the DCC and I get to choose my own preferred wheels and tires.
  13. G

No satellite radio. Had an account since 2004. Prefer not to lose it.
  14. G

Same question. I like the DCC on my Mk7. Also, I live in a rural area and the automatic high beams would be nice. Being a dog owner, leather is easier to clean, but that’s about it. Actually would probably change out the 19” wheels for 18” or even 17”. Big bling is not an interest. Driving...
  15. G

Advice how to trade OEM 19" wheels for 18"

I have exchanged wheels/tires on several vehicles going from 18-18” for lighter weight and width, 19-18” for both reasons plus better ride, and 18-17” for the same reason. Bought all of these from Tire Rack shipped mounted and balanced. With the exception of the OEM wheels/tires from my ‘15 GTI...
  16. G

Golf 8 - forcing radio to continue playing?

Similar experience in my GLI. Listening to XM and using Waze and get a phone call. After the call I lose Waze. Couldn’t get Waze even by shutting down all infotainment applications and restarting. After returning home, I briefly disconnected the battery and all was right again. Since then, I...
  17. G

We Connect is total pants.

Don‘t understand what pants have to with this discussion or any automotive discussion for that matter.
  18. G

Infotainment screen completely off.

No. Initially you will see lots of activity as the various systems reboot. Takes a couple of minutes and soon all will reprogram themselves, hopefully your infotainment screen as well.
  19. G

Infotainment screen completely off.

You might try disconnecting/connecting the battery briefly.