GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. O

Noise from the ventation

I got 2021 Golf Variant Style, 1.5 eTSI. Sometimes there's noise commimg from the ventilation - it sounds like the flaps are constantly trying to get into position. When i change temp or select the window/feet blowing mode, the sound changes, but it still continues. It occurs both in ventilation...
  2. O

Key battery

Does it work or not?
  3. O

We Connect now My Volkswagen?

I am with Android version 3.1.1 and since yesterday, the app wants to confirm my identity in VW dealership in order to use the 'Vehicle' menu for locking and unlocking the car. I had the option available in the new app until yesterday and i confirmed my identity in the we connect app when i...
  4. O

Key battery

Anyway, my point was that even with brand new battery the message still appears. So maybe there is some sw issue.
  5. O

Key battery

I had the same message and changed the battery. I tested the old one and it was ok - it was about 1 year old. Now, with the new one, the message still apears on every start. So you can replace it and check the old one just in case.
  6. O

Couple questions about setting up some stuff

If you see sometimes 'eco' on the dashboard, this means that currently the car is in some fuel saving regime - working on 2 cylinders, start-stop is engaged, coasting mode is on, etc. This is not a Drive mode where you can select eco, comfort, sport, individual, but a separate function of the...
  7. O

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

I had this issue with my S22+ after some Android auto update. It occured every time i start the car. I am with SW v1896. Suddenly it stopped, maybe some Andorid auto update was automaticaly installed on my phone recently. Now it is working fine without drops in the BT connection.
  8. O

1k oil change?

Mine is also with the flexible interval which is 30 000 km or 2 years. Currently the car is 20 000 km and almost 2 years. I booked a service visit next week so it will be the first oil and filter change. It is time also for the first inspection. I used to to change the oil of my old car every 1...
  9. O

Golf Mk8 Infotainment System Specifications

The Focals are plug&play solution for the Golf. There is no need to change the amp. You can find the details on their website. However they offer 3 or 4 set ups: e.g. speakers only, speakers and an amp, speakers, amp and 1 or 2 subwoofers. There was a thread in the forum for retrofitting HK and...
  10. O

Option to disable data transfer on USB-C?

The rear usb ports in my Golf are only for charging, they are not used as media ports by the infotainment system of the car.
  11. O

Golf 8 stock speakers

Hi, can you please share your impressions for the Focals? Which one did you get - the standalone front and rear speakers or some of their sub and amp included solutions? I am interested if there is some obvious difference in the sound quality compared to the stock speakers. I am with 7 speaker...
  12. O

Apple Music

You have to be subscribed for we connect. 'Internet and streaming' service is part of the subscription and enables Tidal and Apple music. I am with Dsicover Pro, active we connect and the streaming platforms are located in Media menu, top right corner - can be selected from a drop down menu. But...
  13. O

Data connection issue

I have the following issue since last Saturday. When i start the car, a notification appears saying that mobile connection is interrupted and its reconnecting. It doesn't reconnect at all. The world icon is grayed out and in We Connect as a last update stays 25.06. At the same time the SOS led...
  14. O

No voice control

The two versions of the voice control depend on the selected language. In my case i use bulgarian and the voice control is basic - e.g. navigate to..., call someone, etc. If i switch in english or german i am able to use the extended and more native voice control, not the command like in...
  15. O

Latest software update has disabled Voice Control

It turns out that i still haven't made the second part of the update, so currently my voice control functions are still disabled and navi messages are only in english. Meanwhile, as a golf8 owner, i have received a mail from VW with detailed info about the updates. They stressed on the part that...
  16. O

Sorry, my mistake:)
  17. O

There was a grayed out setup menu in the ambient light (which in t7 enables dynamic ambient lightning). Now it's gone in the new sw version in Golf.
  18. O

Last night the two updates we're installed successfully. As I am with Discover Pro (originally with SW 1803), most of the functions we're present before the update. As far as I was able to test the Infotainment yesterday, the one thing that is way better is the performance. As to the ambient...
  19. O

Latest software update has disabled Voice Control

There is a second smaller update after the big one that should enable it again. I didn't test it, just saw that after the 3.5 gb update, language settings we're disables and minutes after that a second update was executed. Afterwards the menu was back. Someone wrote about it in other forum topic.
  20. O

It changed the colour that was set. I tested with hazard lights, opened driver's door and I think that the child lock (which in t7 is for the sliding doors) also worked. I didn't saw any aminations.