GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A

Mk8 Orders

Hey all, I got tired of waiting for my GTI. In the meantime I came across a MK4.5 Focus ST that was similarly speced back in August. I've picked it up on Monday and I am loving every minute of it. I got tired of the waiting and constant pushing back. I wish you all the best of luck waiting for...
  2. A

Mk8 Orders

Worth the wait? 😉
  3. A

Mk8 Orders

Congrats! Looks great
  4. A

Mk8 Orders

Maybe VW is pressuring those with lower prices to cancel? So prioritising newer orders. Mine is fully loaded as well.
  5. A

Mk8 Orders

Ordered my GTI in Feb '22, got an update today. Planned for BW 44 at the moment.
  6. A

MY23 changes

The difference here is that I could see the trim piece being changed. VW are consistently cost cutting so there isn't any reason why they wouldn't continue this. But yes you're right, their configurator is a mess. Now when I take a look you've got several images that just aren't rendering in...
  7. A

MY23 changes

I think its been scraped. All configurators are now again showing a black trim piece. No idea why VW made the silver trim piece show on the configurator for months. It looked terrible
  8. A

Mk8 Orders

I think they are trying to force you to cancel. That is an incredibly long wait. Hopefully it doesn't come down to that
  9. A

Mk8 Orders

Got an update from my dealer. GTI pushed back to week 50...
  10. A

Mk8 Orders

Yes it is a lot of work but if you call around dealers they might have a car in stock, or a car that they've ordered that is being delivered soon. I was able to find a few deals on incoming i30N's and Megane RS's, but you will be paying more than the price agreement you have with VW.
  11. A

Mk8 Orders

To be fair VW did often give pretty generous discounts on their cars. So even if you speced it out, with the discounts it would come out pretty reasonably. VW offered the largest discount (in February '22) when I was shopping around and beat Hyundai and Ford (who offered zero discount). I...
  12. A

Mk8 Orders

Anyone from Germany here and with a drone that could do a little bit of surveillance for us? 😉
  13. A

Mk8 Orders

I’ve got a GTI ordered. The UK forum mostly has ClubSports on order. I ordered by GTI in Poland this Feb ‘21. First update was week 35, now pushed to week 45. I did order HK, and a couple of order options. So we’ll see what happens.
  14. A

MY23 changes

I completely don't get why they'd make the centre console piano black. Now there is literally no place to hold and store keys in the car. And if you do store keys in the centre console its just going to get completely scratched up.
  15. A

MY23 changes

Thats interesting because our configurator is showing the '23 model year changes. Including the GTI stitched seats in the preview pics. But not the red stitched seams. So you're probably right that its just not accurate at the moment. I guess its something to look out for in the coming months...
  16. A

MY23 changes

Are GTI's also getting the new silver interior? In Poland the configurator is showing the changes already
  17. A

Mk8 Orders

I'm not quite sure what to do now. I can full expect the GTI to be further delayed but this also drives down the cost of my current car value. I also have a service and new insurance payments coming up so I'm put into an awkward place. I did find a Renault Megane RS that is reasonably priced...
  18. A

Mk8 Orders

Ordered a GTI in Feb 2022, original plan was for it to be built in week 34, now pushed back to week 45.
  19. A

Mk8 Orders

I wouldn't be surprised to see the MK9 become hybrid as a stop gap.
  20. A

Mk8 Orders

Such bullshit. What does it say in your agreement with the dealer? For example I am only get hit with a price increase if there is a facelift of the GTI, otherwise I pay the price written on my contract.