GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. s3bax

About the temperature-related steering wheel heating adjustment problem

Update: After measuring the temperature in different places on the steering wheel, they decided to replace it.
  2. s3bax

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

I guess you have Travel Assist (or whatever it's called). Here is how it works with only lane assist. If I swerve towards the line the steering wheel will vibrate but if you actually drive over the line for a while it will beep at you. This happens often in construction zones where the car gets...
  3. s3bax

I went to the dealer last week and they compared with an Golf 8 GTE and it was basically identical. They called me today to go again next week to check the temperature with a heat camera. I also notice basically no difference between the first level and the second one.
  4. s3bax

Hey there.. Could you tell me how hot your steering wheel gets? I remember that last year after like 10min I had to turn it down because it was to hot but now it feels just like room temperature.
  5. s3bax

Error Messages When Starting Vehicle

Yeah. It looks like the battery is low. I have a dashcam installed that works when parked too and everyday when it's cold I get all kind of warnings when I start the car.
  6. s3bax

That's because the car does not have an automatic dark/day mode so it does not switch between them. Really annoying.
  7. s3bax

Water leak over the wireless charging bay

Well, this is a new one. I noticed yesterday that there was a little puddle where the wireless charging bay is. I didn't think much of it because I thought I might have done something since it was morning and it was after I cleared the snow over the car. Today I opened the car and I saw an even...
  8. s3bax

Key battery

Sorry for the late reply... I did try it and it did not work.
  9. s3bax

DO NOT carry out software updates.

Does it work OK now or is still doing that? It seems like you updated while driving, that might mess everything up. I've had that issue too but only on some highways where for some reason it thinks that I will take the off-ramp and brake from 130km/h to like 40km/h.
  10. s3bax

Key battery

Will try tomorrow!
  11. s3bax

Waze

Using carplay. You can't replace them.
  12. s3bax

Key battery

Might be. But it works good so far.
  13. s3bax

Key battery

Just the one I use. The second key has the old battery from the primary key(which worked on the primary key but not on the secondary).
  14. s3bax

Key battery

Brand new Duracell CR2032 battery, yet it still says it is low.
  15. s3bax

22 Golf R auto headlights always on

If it's raining and the screen wipers are on the lights will also turn on. If that's not the case I tend to believe that the light sensor is broken. Check first if the sensor has the view obstructed (dirty windshield).
  16. s3bax

22 Golf R auto headlights always on

Are the headlights fully on or just the DRL?
  17. s3bax

Mk 8.5 larger infotainment screen.

Changing spotify Playlist, in winter changing seat heating intensity, in waze you can report police, accidents etc..
  18. s3bax

Mk 8.5 larger infotainment screen.

Yeah pretty much I have to rest 4 fingers on top to operate the screen while driving. Hopefully they don't make to large and I specially hope that they remove the haptics buttons for Climate Control and the other stuff.
  19. s3bax

Waze turn by turn on digital instrument panel

That has never worked for me except for the first instruction after starting navigation. But not only with Waze but with all apps.
  20. s3bax

Is it an OTA update or we will have to visit the dealer?