GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. J

Mk8 GTD engine oil question

Hi I parked up yesterday and a warning came on asking me to add a litre of engine oil. The one I have at home which is used in my previous Skoda Octavia Vrs is a Halfords 5w/30 which says suitable for long life Audi/vw cars 504.00 & 507.00. I know the engine oil standard is fine but the...
  2. J

Mk8 Orders

So back in June I posted that I finally after 18 months had a confirmed build date for my GTD of the week commencing 3rd July. So imagine my shock when I got a txt this Tuesday 11th of July to advise me my car was not only built but actually in the UK. Seems like VW are getting there act...
  3. J

Mk8 Orders

So this happened today 😃 Good Afternoon Julia, I have just received the update through from the supplying dealership. I have good news! Your order is now showing a confirmed build week of 27 (week commencing 3rd July) we would therefore expect it to arrive at the dealership around...
  4. J

Mk8 Orders

I have heated seats & spare wheel on mine will post an update if I every get some good news 😂
  5. J

Mk8 Orders

Fantastic, i feel a glimmer of hope now 🙂
  6. J

Mk8 Orders

Yes I’m aware of that. My own car is depreciating though, I’ve already had to have the timing belt done and I’m now probably going to have to do the brakes and shock absorbers. I’m a cash buyer and there is only so much money in the pot.
  7. J

Mk8 Orders

Well at least your date ties in with mine, would be good if you post again if you get a confirmed date
  8. J

Mk8 Orders

Thanks, the build week keeps moving backwards and forwards anyway, just nice to know how much notice I would get
  9. J

Mk8 Orders

Anyone from the UK got a GTD on order and received a confirmed build date yet? My order was placed December 21 with the expected delivery September 22. I currently have an unconfirmed build date of June 23. Just wondering how close to the actual build do they confirm it. I almost cancelled my...
  10. J

Mk8 Orders

I ordered new as I could get brand new for less than a car a year old. At the moment a 1 year old Golf GTD is around £5k more expensive than the one I have in order. Made no sense to buy second hand
  11. J

Mk8 Orders

Yes I’m sticking with it, I did go through a broker as I was eligible for a discount due to who I work for which is why it was cheaper to buy new than secondhand
  12. J

Mk8 Orders

There is another post today with someone else with an order for the same model as mine placed around the same time and his build date is only a month before mine so I think I will just wait it out. If I cancel I lose my deposit
  13. J

Mk8 Orders

Hi newbie here. I’ve been watching this for a while as I ordered my Golf GTD in December 21, the original unconfirmed build date was July 22, then November 22 then no build date at all. I’ve just received an email this morning to say I now have an unconfirmed build week of 29th May 23 with...