GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. rs999

The Next Car Swap

I'm getting around 270 miles per tank compared to the GTI at 300 miles per tank.
  2. rs999

The Next Car Swap

It's why I think I'm getting out of cars until I get at least 90K miles on this GTI. The Mustang GT is great but it is quickly losing its shine just like the FR-S did. :thumbsup:
  3. rs999

The Next Car Swap

Tech Triangle NC, Do It.
  4. rs999

Wifi between office buildings?

How about VPN between the two buildings instead? It's still secured but you can use the Internet and a wired network to do the connection. However you'll need Internet access and a VPN router in both buildings to accomplish this.
  5. rs999

GK Goes JDM, Brah. Beats Worst Forum Member on Actually Getting a Car this Century

I dynamatted the FR-S. It didn't do much. The biggest change in interior sound volume came from swapping the exhaust to a resonated perrin cattback.
  6. rs999

So, how do you guys sell heavily modified cars?

When the time comes, I'm going to uninstall the turbo, DP, BBK, wheels, and intake and swap the stock parts back on. I don't expect to break even on the parts, in fact I might trade the GTI in to carmax for another MK6 and put the mods back on.
  7. rs999

Car Chat 2: The Place You Go When Plac ISN'T Considering a New Car

I think the hellcat and the tesla should have been closer. That hellcat driver did not know how to launch. It looked like he kept overpowering the tires which caused the car to kick in traction control or something.
  8. rs999

So true. Make a Kinja blog and post this on Jalopnik. After that talk about the next car DeMuro is buying or the lack of manual, V8, RWD wagons.
  9. rs999

Deep Impact Blue, 2013, Mustang GT Premium, Black Leather, and CPO. AUTO - cause that is how I roll :paddle: Working numbers now. I'll post pics if I get it.
  10. rs999

The seats are really comfy and the driving experience is great. However, I daily my cars and I can't daily the FR-S. It lacks the basic amenities that a Mazda3 or Corolla would have. In other news, I put in an offer for a 2013 Mustang GT at a local dealer. I'm just waiting to get a response...
  11. rs999

You'd love the FR-S/BRZ then. :thumbdown:
  12. rs999

m4 Dukes of Hazzard

I just want to know why he turned off traction control. With TC on he could have took off without hitting the median.
  13. rs999

This would work then: Or maybe this: Pick ups are basically muscle cars from the 1960s-80s. Big V8's, bad suspension, bad brakes, RWD, etc. But if you were to lower one and put a brake kit on it then you'd have something pretty formidable and practical.
  14. rs999

I called the dealer today to see if he would budge on the price and got a no. He even put me on hold to talk to the sales manager. Before we hung up though he mentioned two things: someone else was looking at the car (oh noes!) and the price was going back up in 2015 :iono: I'm in no hurry so...
  15. rs999

I like the challenger as well. I have seen them do laps at VIR with me in both R/T and SRT versions. I know they must guzzle gas like crazy though because the sessions sometimes get red or yellow flagged because a challenger or charger ran out of gas and had to pull off course to get towed back...
  16. rs999

I like the Mustang because of the track apps and Brembo brakes options. Plus, Sync is really nice compared to most in car audio setups. The challenger I like as well but it would be more of a cruiser and drag car than something I could take on a road course. Another question, when you contact a...
  17. rs999

So I am looking at Challengers and Mustangs now, specifically 2013-2014 models. Since 2015 is right around the corner, when would be the best time to make an offer? Before or after the new year? Any opportunity to low ball since 2014 is closing? I most likely would trade the FR-S and would...
  18. rs999

The Gunkat Car Ownership Feedback Thread for 2015

Say what: http://jalopnik.com/watch-tanner-foust-violently-assault-the-nurburgring-in-451485518
  19. rs999

The Gunkat Car Ownership Feedback Thread for 2015

Truth. FRIS owner here, I got to momentum the car up to speed so I can throw it through turns and stuff. Too bad I have to wait until that GMC Acadia gets out of my way because I have no chance of ever passing it.