GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ACC can’t be activated?

fikaa73

Hello everyone.
Situation is like this:
Bought Golf 8 3/2020
It has front assist, lane assist, speed limiter and distance control button on steering wheel, all requirements listed on vw website for ACC
It has ACC module 13 as can be seen using OBD.
Problem here is that I can’t activate ACC.
It’s not in assistance systems list, nor in the infotainment. That’s okay
I can’t find it in WeConnect to buy it, only light assist and 30 color ambient light.
Module 13 number is 5WA907572A.
Is it really possible that this car can’t have ACC or atleast traditional cruise control?
Do you guys have any experience with this?
I can also leave VIN if somebody is willing to check.
Most confusing thing here is if it really can’t be activated, what is distance control button doing on the steering wheel?
I have also tried activating cruise control using obd, it pops up below lane assist in assistance list, but it can’t be selected or used, just speed limiter
Thank you

Attachments

• BBA4C276-084A-45D8-A60A-A43AAF4976B5.png
    BBA4C276-084A-45D8-A60A-A43AAF4976B5.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 35
  • C6C3E082-6FF2-4C7A-97F6-B8322E152283.png
    C6C3E082-6FF2-4C7A-97F6-B8322E152283.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 32
  • 6567CF5B-9144-4CE0-8D43-AA13C68FCBB4.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 18

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
So if your car did not come with ACC from factory and you can't buy it in the Weconnect shop then you can't get it working because just like CarPlay, Android Auto, Driving Profiles,Light Assist and so on it needs a special VW FOD (Function On Demand) license installed in the Gateway which allows these functions to work. And I am pretty sure VW will not help you here to activate these FOD if they are not available in the VW Shop.

PanEuropean

Ready to race!
My suggestion is that you take the car to your dealer and ask them to activate the ACC function for you. If this is a function that is "sold by subscription" in your country, you will need to pay the subscription fee.

The big question - which your dealer should be able to answer for you - is whether or not the car has the necessary hardware installed to support the ACC function. There is quite a bit of hardware required - a specific type of camera forward of the interior mirror, various radar / lidar sensors in the front of the car and so on.

fikaa73

Thanks everyone for answering!
My dealer isn’t tech savvy at all and they will just tell you NO even for things which are possible to do :/
When I drove Golf 7, it didn’t have camera, just radar in front for ACC, so I guess camera doesn’t play role here. And as I already have front assist, radar is there. I would guess I have everything needed for ACC to get activated. Anyways, even if I don’t have hardware for that, why can’t I activate cruise control without adaptive function?