GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ambient lighting

trickie189

Just got my R line today, tried to change the ambient lighting colours but could only changed them when selecting different drive modes. I’ve tried vehicle setting-interior- lighting but it only lets me change the brightness? I know on the spec sheet on the Volkswagen website states the R line has a choose of 30. Am I missing something?

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
On the home screen (Telephone - Radio - Navigation - etc.) swipe the menu up and you should see the Background tile. Tap on it and you should be able to customise the interior background lights.

Last edited:

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
When I test drove a Golf Mk GTE I’m sure the background was blue but when I flicked the DSG into Sport mode the lighting changed to red (rather impressive). Having purchased a GTE does anyone know how to set this up?

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
hi Maturedriver, you need to tap on Background then again on Mood and here you will see a list of tiles with different colour modes (Infinity - Eternity - Desire - etc) and also a tile "Auto". Tap on this tile and you should now be able to get the background lights based on the driving profile modes.
Background.png

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Many thanks for that Massimo 2323. I love the blue lighting so ideally I would like to be able to go from blue to red when I flick the gearbox into Sport mode. I only seem to be able to go from insipid yellow to red. Is there something I’m not doing to get my ideal colours?

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Each driving profile has its own background colour: Eco is blue, Comfort is blue and white, Sport is red and Individual is orange. I dont have the car yet so i dont know more about them, if its possible to change the colours of these profiles.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Do you have a GTE on order. If so you will not be disappointed. My favourite trick is, with a warm engine, turn to Hybrid mode, manually engage 2nd gear at 30 mph and floor the throttle. Rather exciting!!!

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Its actually the Golf ehybrid. Cant wait for the car😀. Just crossing my fingers that i dont get any of the problems reported here🙏
i was able to get the vin number so i can check all the production codes of the car, the control units installed and download all the workshop information from Erwin and vwparts😎
DCD2F2FA-89F7-461F-BF28-716809146AE0.jpeg

Attachments

• Golf eHybrid.pdf
    246.4 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
The eHybrid is not available here in the UK. Hope you don’t have any of the problems to be found on this Forum. My dealer has sorted my central locking issue on the second attempt. Currently the only thing that doesn’t work is Alexa. Occasionally it works but mostly not. I think I can live without it!

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Just got a call that the car arrives tomorrow evening. Still need to wait in January to collect. I will be working under Christmas anyway so no rush. But I might go and get a quick look at it..