GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Asian car carrier ship in trouble

MachSchnell

Rally Car Champion
It always freaks me out to see a ship that massive in trouble. Just incredible :eek:

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
MachSchnell said:
It always freaks me out to see a ship that massive in trouble. Just incredible :eek:

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. Just goes to show how powerful nature can be, and how little seas (10ft) it takes to cause problems. I'm glad the sailors are safe. Shame about everyones new cars though.

Parrothead

Go Kart Champion
wowwww that sucks.. all those cars destroyed.. so who foots the bill? the ship company or the automaker?

alf

Modwhoreator
Parrothead said:
wowwww that sucks.. all those cars destroyed.. so who foots the bill? the ship company or the automaker?
There were no reports of any cars going overboard. Beuerman said typically vehicles are securely fastened.

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
alf said:
There were no reports of any cars going overboard. Beuerman said typically vehicles are securely fastened.
lol, just because the cars didnt go overboard doesnt mean some of them werent damaged when the ship tipped to the side like that

alf

Modwhoreator
Plyngntrffc said:
lol, just because the cars didnt go overboard doesnt mean some of them werent damaged when the ship tipped to the side like that
im sure the parking brake was enough to stop them from flippin around in those containers :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
lol does anyone know what type of cars were on the boat?