GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Auto-Beam , IQ Lights

Ciccina2016

Hello, I have driven my new GOLD MK8 Style with IQlights last night and I noticed a couple of cars flashing at me on the opposite direction.I also noticed that on my dashboard the symbol was set to High-Beam ( blue icon ) without A.
My question is the following:
would IQ lights still work and don't disturb cars coming from the opposite direction if forcing high-beam?

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
They work as normal manually operated high beam unless you push the stalk again so that the icon has the (A) in it, without the (A) they stay on full and will glare oncoming traffic.

Ciccina2016

They work as normal manually operated high beam unless you push the stalk again so that the icon has the (A) in it, without the (A) they stay on full and will glare oncoming traffic.
But my question is around the feature of not glaring oncoming traffic.
With IQ lights and high-beam the lights take care of oncoming traffic and make sure to not affect incoming traffic.
Are we saying that to use IQlights should I set the icon to A otherwise I disable this feature?

Last edited:

Ciccina2016

I see what I have done then , when the cars were flashing me the symbol was just blue without A so I was not using the Matrix mode and therefore disturbing cars around me ..
My mistake was assuming that regardless of what mode you use Matrix mode would be always active.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Have a read here:
Auto High Beam.png

Main Beam.jpg

Ciccina2016

Guys, the confusion for me on what Auto-Beam and IQ Matrix functionality.

Auto-Beam would remove high-beam when cars are incoming which makes sense.
IQ Matrix in regime of HIGH-BEAM would keep high-beam and not glaze incoming cars hence my confusion

Last edited:

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
If you have the Matrix Lights then the auto beam does as LMWT stated above. It works differently then the auto beam on the normal led lights where the high beam is switched off with incoming traffic. The auto-beam functionality on the Matrix lights uses the information from the navigation database and the front camera to activate or deactivate the main beam automatically so like in a town or illuminated surrounded area they would be disabled. Everything is done automatically with the auto high beam on.

Ciccina2016

Thanks for clarifying both.
To sum up , I need to set it to auto-beam otherwise IQ lights will not work if set to manual beam.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
I see what I have done then , when the cars were flashing me the symbol was just blue without A so I was not using the Matrix mode and therefore disturbing cars around me ..
My mistake was assuming that regardless of what mode you use Matrix mode would be always active.
That’s what I said in the first answer I gave you!, matrix is only functional when the A is showing inside the high beam icon.