GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Blow off during acceleration

Milansmk7GTI

Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Hi everyone. I’m wondering if I can get some insight regarding an issue im having with my dv valve blowing off while im flat on the pedal accelerating. Once again, this happens during acceleration, NOT after letting off the throttle like normal blow off activity. Let me know, thanks :)

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Never happened to me but would remove and inspect that its not damaged, take the plunger off and clean the piston while you are there.

After that datalog to check how the car is running and that its not the ECU opening it, you can also unplugg it to make sure it is not opened by the ECU. If it still opens change it.

zamc89

Car(s)
2016 golf gti
Pretty sure this is normal . I've seen it discussed in other threads and i"ve experienced and researched it myself. It tends to happen almost randomly, but long story short there are some certain situations that would cause the computer to have your DV behave that way.
the exact situations or wether its an ideal driver experience im not sure. It may be possible you have a blown oring, but generally I would deem this normal. DV+ aftermarket dv does help with that by about 25% according to my butt dyno.

May have something to do with asking for too much slamming the pedal basically making your boost get rdy for the big ask. try to ease the pedal more for smoothing boost response.

Last edited: