GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Creaking noises from windows/doors-Resolved

HenryFord

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI
2019 GTI- creaking noises coming from all four windows/doors. Started after getting the windows tinted at around 100 miles and is most noticeable when going up angled driveways and speed bumps.

I've already tried Gummi pflege and shin etsu grease to no avail, noises are not suspension related, and the door latches are positioned correctly. Can anyone please give any other advice such as maybe tightening/loosening the windows/doors? Taking the car to the dealership is the last resort. Thank you.

CKIVSEPA

Passed Driver's Ed
Interested in responses. I can't tell where my noises are from, and I don't know how people decide if it's a door, suspension, etc...
I took it to dealer who said they checked all suspension components and nothing is wrong, but I feel like I hear the sounds most over bumps. There are rattles.... those are different. Makes me NUTS!

neoupa2002

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf Wagon
I greased all the obvious door seals and I still got that creak.

Turns out at the top of the doors there is a rubber seal, I greased that and it finally went away.

prowlinacage

Car(s)
2020 GTI SE

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
^ two posts up and i had great success with sailkote, but no matter what you do it takes maintenance

neoupa2002

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf Wagon
which response resolved the issue?
I used gummi pflege on all things rubber and all the noises disappeared.

I do have to apply it around once a year though, it does come back. I live in a fairly dusty area so the bits of dust and sand do end up sticking onto the rubber (and salt in the winter).