GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Forum Discusses Nicknames For Their Wiener And Muds Danger Noodle - Mrs Mud Runs And Hides

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Budgeting to replace wheels but can't budget $100 to fix all that 😒

Yawnnnnn

What's for lunch?
I've never owned an automatic daily, wife has, but even most of hers were manuals.

If I bought a new GTI or R, I'd get the DSG too.

Sorry, VW is to blame. It's shit.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
I've never owned an automatic daily, wife has, but even most of hers were manuals.

If I bought a new GTI or R, I'd get the DSG too.

Sorry, VW is to blame. It's shit.
Automatic daily is kinda weird, I'm glad ours is so different from anything else we own. It's the only tall vehicle that doesn't feel like a racecar, so it's not too difficult to switch.

I don't know if I could be convinced to buy a DSG, but that's just a preference thing.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Half agree, I'd simply never buy a new VW. The whole brand is arse nowadays
As far as I'm aware... the MK7 and the MK6 have the same manual transmission, just different gearing. I faintly remember reading a post where one guy swapped the 7 into the 6 and it bolted right up. By the looks of urotuning which says the same shortshifters are available for the MK8, then I'd say that they also use the 02Q transmission... so it should really be all the same across the last 3 (if not 4) generations. Haven't driven a manual mk7/mk8 so I can't compare wrist dyno results.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Can you do that at your own dealership? Just like...drive the car into service and leave it there?

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Can you do that at your own dealership? Just like...drive the car into service and leave it there?
I would assume that as long as you're not doing the inspection on your own car there's not an issue, because if you were to fuck around and get caught passing something that shouldn't, it could be your job.