GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Boat Salesman In Florida Colluding With Chicago, Sauce Level Rises In Deep Dish Pizzas

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
1. Normally, the $35 charge is to put new tires on wheels (or rimz) and balance

2. You are asking them to take a tire off of a wheel before you do #1

and yes, normally you'd do #1 before #2, but in this case you need to do #2 before #1

Accordingly, there is additional labor involved - if I understood what you asked.
1. Take old tire off good rim, but new tire on good rim.

2. Take good tire off old rim, put good tire on new rim.

It’s the same process and order of events, seemingly.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Charging extra is BS.

Pep boys had the same price and actually wasn’t cheaper if I brought them the wheels and tires. It was about $35 a wheel mount and balance. I always brought the wheels and tires.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
If it makes you feel any better, the mom and pop shop up the road charged me $171 to remove old V730's and dispose of them and to mount the RE71RS's.

Back in my day, you could get tires mounted and balanced for $25 each. You kids and your avocado toast.

cb1111

1. Take old tire off good rim, but new tire on good rim.

2. Take good tire off old rim, put good tire on new rim.

It’s the same process and order of events, seemingly.
Got it. So they handed you the original set of wheels back without tires.

Yes, they had to be more careful in order to re-install the tires on the new wheels, but they shouldn't charge more for that.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
For around $700 you can buy some equipment to do mounting and balancing in your garage. Works fine, just not as fancy as the shop machines.

PayPal $3 for saving you all money through our your life
Whats the machine?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Whats the machine?
Any floor mounted mounting machine and a portable bubble wheel balancer. Assume harbor freight has both. My friend uses one on his mobile wheel repair truck and they work fine. We've tested them against the machine in his shop for balancing and they come out fine.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Any floor mounted mounting machine and a portable bubble wheel balancer. Assume harbor freight has both. My friend uses one on his mobile wheel repair truck and they work fine. We've tested them against the machine in his shop for balancing and they come out fine.
My grandfather had all the gear in his garage and it was offered to me when he passed but I didn't have anywhere to put it. I could have been the CSB tire destination...