GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Boat Salesman In Florida Colluding With Chicago, Sauce Level Rises In Deep Dish Pizzas

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Got roasted today. Was in line at a restaurant and the little girl in front of me (maybe 4?) dropped her coloring book. I playfully said “Oops! You better pick that up before I color in it!” She gave me full on stink eye, carefully grabbed her book, then grabbed her mom’s leg. Said “mommy that old guy said he was going to color in my book.” She laughed.

I’m 40. And not that much gray hair thank you very much. Fucking roasted by a 4-year-old 😤

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Got roasted today. Was in line at a restaurant and the little girl in front of me (maybe 4?) dropped her coloring book. I playfully said “Oops! You better pick that up before I color in it!” She gave me full on stink eye, carefully grabbed her book, then grabbed her mom’s leg. Said “mommy that old guy said he was going to color in my book.” She laughed.

I’m 40. And not that much gray hair thank you very much. Fucking roasted by a 4-year-old 😤
Don't feel bad, I have pronounced canines. Little girl in line at grocery store pointed and said "look mommy, a vampire".

Never mind, at least she didn't call me old.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
All I have is tank tops and sweatshirts with the sleeves cut off.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Don't feel bad, I have pronounced canines. Little girl in line at grocery store pointed and said "look mommy, a vampire".

Never mind, at least she didn't call me old.
I'll do you one better...
Coaching the tracknfield middle school team today, and an older gentleman (60s probably) jogs by in lane 5/6, and one of the youngins asks me, "Are old geezers allowed to run around the track during practice?"

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Spoke with Founder of the company for about 3.5 hrs today. Sharp guy.
I like the opportunity.
Wish I wore jeans, since the dress code was super lax, and my more formal clothes are tight.
Things are looking good lately. Have two opportunities on my hands that I really like. Still in the running for both of them.
Round 2 starts tomorrow. (with the company I interviewed with two weeks ago)
:)

cb1111

Old school of putting slicks on steelies for taking it to the strip. It does give it a much meaner look, combine that with the loud cammed motor, long tube headers, minimal exhaust people get out of my way.

I do have the matching rims

CSB

It was owned by a good friend of a good friend, I go look at it and my first thought was it looks good, but it's kinda large. He started it up and I knew as long as it drove decent I wanted it. It is an amazing sounding car
Sure, but unless you're hanging with Shirley Shahan at the LA County Fairgrounds, I think it looks a bit off.

cb1111

Generally you should dresses as formally as thr job requires. Applying for a suit and tie role? Wear that, business casual? Wear that. You want to fit into the company culture, you don't want to be overly formal.

The bigger sin however is too casual. Shorts and sweats are a solid no-go.
Actually, the old school advice was to dress just one step up from the job to show that you're ready for the promotion.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Just rewatched Zathura
What a banger
Great cast, and Kristen Stewart
Loved this movie growing up... still love it... adding it to my ranking

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Actually, the old school advice was to dress just one step up from the job to show that you're ready for the promotion.
Show up in a nice shirt and tie with just my underwear since once I get promoted I just take all calls from home.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Funeral yesterday for my dad's dad. Always the jokester, he fuckin passed on April 1st at 98 years old. Roughly 3 years after his wife/my grandmother. Learned some stuff I didn't know about him so that's pretty cool, largely childhood stuff like fleeing China at a young age to come to the USA, surviving a bad fire that put him in the hospital for a year, and then a career at RCA as an engineer that spanned his lifetime. I didn't really get to spend a ton of time with my paternal grandparents, but I'm glad they aren't suffering or lonely at this point.

dying isn't a transition. It's fucking death. It sucks, but it's the end of experiencing the loneliness of losing someone you love. The notion that paradise is the next step after life makes life entirely worthless, and I hate that viewpoint. If you look for meaning in your life, but then follow it up with 'well now I'm gonna fuck off to the clouds to be with people who died before me and it'll be like a free pass at Disney', why the fuck would you bother doing anything with life at all? If I were sure that something less shitty than life was actually going to be an option and all I had to do is die, I'd fucking neck myself ASAP. I get that it comforts people who are still living and helps some of them deal with the loss, but I can't help but feel that it also cheapens the magic of life and what we do with the time we've got.

got some Bojangles while in VA which is always appreciated, we don't have them in PA anymore and I fucking love fried chicken. Around 9 hours of driving total, which is a lot for a single day but it was nice to see some family that I don't often see and catch up a little.

It doesn't feel like froggo day, but at least it's halfway through the week.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Was a subscriber to the theory until I walked into a steel mill in suit + tie and was looked at like I had 7 heads.
theres multiple reasons for this reaction

many of them have to do with the opinions of the men there with unwashed asses

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Long crank to start after car sits for hours, but starts fine after that first startup until it sits is a lack of residual pressure. So bad LPFP or small fuel leak.
Nah, not hours, like 30-45 minutes, so more of a warm start issue. Been tracking it for a while here:

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...-thats-fun-still-not-fixed-apparently.441217/

This thread over at the "other forum" describes it almost exactly, with post #36 explaining it pretty well:

https://www.vwvortex.com/threads/ha...50&nested_view=1&sortby=oldest#post-115965950