riceburner

Autocross Champion

Saabingti

Autocross Champion

Can't wait for Zoomers/Zalphas to bring this look back

1716231164336.png

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
tried, as always, obd11 either sucks or i can't figure it out.

well, i got the dash light off, but it still warns me through the infotainment so i gotta hit ok to get rid of it.

and then since i have unwired, uncoded euro tails, and led fog lights, i gotta cycle through like 4000 'bulb error' warnings, and also have a permanent 'bulb warning' light on the cluster.

i'll paypal you $3 if you can finger out how to delete those warnings lol

as such, the car is forever unsellable

Here is the proper fix for all unwanted lights. Bulb out or TPMS yep....

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
who else sleepy today
I'm so tired. Wife has been out of town and I have a hard time sleeping when she's not home. Plus, I'm way to lazy and don't eat well when she's not home.

TLDR, married men live longer.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

Aluminum tape works at disabling forward assist on track, apparently.

My 19 you could turn it off and it stayed off. Sounds like it turns itself back on in mk8.

cb1111

Back in '86 I knew the Jaguar dealer in Hockenheim. He knew that I was interested in an XJ-12. Back then, all Jaguar sales went as company cars.

He calls me and says that one of his best customers just brought back a XJ-12 with 1500km that he had to put a new engine in. The prior driver (the president of the company) put a piece of electrical tape over the "oil pressure" light because it bothered him.

I ended up with a near new XJ-12HE VdP for an unbelievably low price (the equivalent of $16k today) cobalt blue, with isis blue leather interior and flokati floor mats.

He called me a while later and said he had a deal on an XJS if I was willing to swap the rear seat for a parcel shelf. The same company had a guy who wanted a XJS convertible, but needed a rear seat for a baby seat. If I were willing to swap, then I could get the near new XJS sans useless rear set (but with an actually useful cargo shelf).

I gave the XJ to my dad and bought the XJS for myself.