GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Forum Wiener Declares: GoiNg tO A NEw uRL iS hARd

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Complete opposite experience here. I've always watched them hand torque all of my stuff. There was one instance of miscommunication on my part where they put my spacers on the wrong ends, but it was an easy fix at home. They do tend to over-inflate. I just got new tires a week or two ago and they were all around 40 psi when I got home and let them cool.

I watch them hand torque too. Trouble is when they lay into it with their impact it's over torqued. We use torque sticks I was told. Yes, but if you keep hammering away the lug bolts are over tightened. They put a torque wrench on there and it goes click. But the lug bolts are already over tightened, so the use of the torque wrench means nothing. My experience, hope yours is better.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I've had problems with both, under and over tightening. I've gone back to a place because they over tightened them. I had them break them loose and then I tightened them myself. One time I had to pull over after 10-15 minutes of driving and luckily I did when I did because a wheel was about to fall off. I've done this one to myself too. Walking through the bank drive thru trying to find my missing lug nut was a little embarrassing.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
I watch them hand torque too. Trouble is when they lay into it with their impact it's over torqued. We use torque sticks I was told. Yes, but if you keep hammering away the lug bolts are over tightened. They put a torque wrench on there and it goes click. But the lug bolts are already over tightened, so the use of the torque wrench means nothing. My experience, hope yours is better.
Mine has definitely been better haha. My location never used an impact when installing my wheels back on the car. Wheel was put on, bolts threaded in by hand, and then tightened with a torque wrench. Impact was only used at the beginning of the appointment to remove the lug bolts.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
blablabla new thread title needed blablabla

CSB3: Squeaky Clean Engines DSG Fart Bubbles​

riceburner

Autocross Champion
$600 for a custom tune that will solve my emissions issue from the local chop.

Can anyone let me know if there is a better option? I dont have a cobb, hexcan cable or personal laptop.

Need to pass emissions by end of November or I cant register it or drive it till its fixed.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
FYI better check the torque on those wheel bolts. Odds are they are so tight you'll need an impact wrench to break them loose. At least that has been my experience. Discount Tire used to be good, but sadly they have really slipped. Better watch them & check their work.
i wouldn't expect nearly ANY shop to properly torque wheel bolts. Which is kinda sad.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion

Can anyone let me know if there is a better option? I dont have a cobb, hexcan cable or personal laptop.

Need to pass emissions by end of November or I cant register it or drive it till its fixed.
You coming to CSB-con 2023? What about o2 sensor spacer/defouler/etc?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Is there really that much of a RAW HORSEPOWER difference between APR and something like Stratified? I know Access Ports are reasonably priced if you can grab one used but an APR tune costs $300 less than a brand new AP with an OTS Stratified tune.
?

riceburner

Autocross Champion

CSB3: Ermahgerd Ner Mer Sterge Twer Turnes​

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do

Apr stage 2, get program switching via the stalk and have them load a stock non test pipe file. Slap an o2 spacer on and pass

riceburner

Autocross Champion
but they dont OFFER stage 2 anymore brah

my mk6 was the sweet spot, had the k04 93 file, k04 91 file, valet file, and stock non test pipe file and program switching. it was cake and i took it for granted.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do

my mk6 was the sweet spot, had the k04 93 file, k04 91 file, valet file, and stock non test pipe file and program switching. it was cake and i took it for granted.
Sucks to suck. Buy a k04, tell the wife it's needed in order to pass emissions

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
But dumbass APR still has every stage 2 tune they've offered still listed on their website with a full breakdown of hp/tq with different octanes.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Sucks to suck. Buy a k04, tell the wife it's needed in order to pass emissions
wait maybe youre a genius. they still offer the k04 kit and it apparently comes with software'

wife: you dont need a new turbo

me: holy n00b, its the only way to pass emissions