GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Rice Buys A Minivan

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
You barely get anything with it. No tubing required.
View attachment 294751

So far I haven't actually seen anyone put this intake on a 8y rs3, but I've talked to people about it and it seems like it should work. I know this intake fits the 2018+ ttrs and 8v rs3, and I know the air guide fits the 8y s3.
reminds me of the eventuri intake just not carbon fiber.

big fan of the eventuri setup tbh.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Intake choices for the rs3 freakin suck. The stage 1 awe intake is over $500 and this is all you get.
1699288343985.png

Every other intake is over a grand and I'm not spending that much for a damn intake. I wish someone made something I liked as much as my R600 intake, but it doesn't exist. Every single intake option has carbon fiber and the blaze intake is the only one with no carbon. The new intake racingline is working on for the 8y is also going to be carbon fiber. I pretty much refuse to buy anything with carbon fiber.

Apparently blaze is coming out with stage 2 piping for the intake I want, so I can upgrade the rest of it later.

messrock

Autocross Champion
Intake choices for the rs3 freakin suck. The stage 1 awe intake is over $500 and this is all you get.
View attachment 294752

Every other intake is over a grand and I'm not spending that much for a damn intake. I wish someone made something I liked as much as my R600 intake, but it doesn't exist. Every single intake option has carbon fiber and the blaze intake is the only one with no carbon. The new intake racingline is working on for the 8y is also going to be carbon fiber. I pretty much refuse to buy anything with carbon fiber.

Apparently blaze is coming out with stage 2 piping for the intake I want, so I can upgrade the rest of it later.
WEIGHT SAVINGS, BRO - they figure you have the money for an Audi you can buy everything carbon fiber.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Krazzy if the bang for buck is such an issue why not just get some piping of your material choice and then slap a nice filter on it and call it a day?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
really hoping the shop i'm going to can just confirm if and what kind of 02 spacer would get my 'monitoring 02 sensor at operating temperature' to 'ready' instead of 'not activated' since otherwise the benefit of a tune on an already tuned car is kind of negligible for ~700 bucks

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
I can't come back to NE until I get better at karting, @aspro_gti is a monster ;)

also @riceburner is it not able to pass as 'not activated', assuming that's different than 'not ready'? I had an issue with P0421 on my Mazda that sounds vaguely similar, but it would throw the CEL for the post-cat O2 sensor and my solution ended up being clearing the codes, and allowing it to idle on cold start for 60-90 seconds. Dumbest thing in the world, but I guess it works? Might work for you as well, or at least it's a free thing to try before you throw money at it.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
really hoping the shop i'm going to can just confirm if and what kind of 02 spacer would get my 'monitoring 02 sensor at operating temperature' to 'ready' instead of 'not activated' since otherwise the benefit of a tune on an already tuned car is kind of negligible for ~700 bucks

It's practically cheaper to buy a blue MK6R!

While my knowledge of MK5's is limited, if the current tune is disabling the monitoring of the O2 sensor ('not activated' vs. ready\not ready), I'd think the tune would need to be changed somewhat, either a new one or stock tune put back on, to turn the monitoring back on. Not something just a spacer could fix.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
It's practically cheaper to buy a blue MK6R!

While my knowledge of MK5's is limited, if the current tune is disabling the monitoring of the O2 sensor ('not activated' vs. ready\not ready), I'd think the tune would need to be changed somewhat, either a new one or stock tune put back on, to turn the monitoring back on. Not something just a spacer could fix.
That's true, I know in PA we're allowed one 'not ready', and otherwise if the monitor isn't there (how I interpret 'not activated'), then it can't fail. Idk how things work up there though

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Krazzy if the bang for buck is such an issue why not just get some piping of your material choice and then slap a nice filter on it and call it a day?
Too much work to piece something together and I don't think it'd be able to make it look good. I like how the blaze is set up. I placed the order, so I'm gonna try that. There was some assuming and some "should fits" in regards to this working on my car, so I guess I'll find out.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
That's the tune homie. No spacer is going to solve that

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Well snap. Oh well, they are custom mapping the car as we speak. Updated the VW engine software to the latest as well so thats nice i guess.

May stick around and have them just do a full on general inspection of the car just for the fuck of it, cause i'm gearing up to do a bunch of suspension stuff but would rather they tell me whats actually failing or where i can get the best bang for the buck on stuff. or hit me out of the blue with something thats actually shit the bed that i havent realized yet.

anyway hopefully the car drives better/is at least a little quicker after this!