GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Wisdom Is Accepting You Are Not Wise Enough

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Oh snap I was able to put a stop to that years ago man haha but good memory. Thats just mexican stuff
I'm pretty sure not using a dishwasher is also mexican stuff.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
I'm pretty sure not using a dishwasher is also mexican stuff.
as is storing avocados and pots/pans in the oven, and not using the oven often as a result.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
soo many mexican things I've picked up on over the years:

* using tons of fabric softener
* closing and locking all doors all the time (which means locking me out half the time)
* siestas
* using whatsapp
* incessantly replacing the air filter every 3000 miles and thinking every car problem has to do with spark plugs or the muffler
* keeping old tires and bits of rope
* having a pile of old clothes to 'one day send to the relatives in mexico' that never gets sent out
* a desire to paint things like walls bright green, orange and pink (thankfully my wife and i control that area of expertise)
* keeping a bar of soap under the mattress to fight demons or some shit
* thinking that simply an onion will clean the grill
* lemon pledge as a primary cleaning solvent for all other things
* burning jesus or mother terisa candles overnight when there is trauma
* keeping all mail, advertisements, etc forever, but:
* burning old bills and plastic in the firepit

messrock

Autocross Champion
Idk my assumption would be yeah, run them through the washer. Not so different from muddy or greasy clothes. Might want to scrape any bigger solids off first, though. Also, humanity got on just fine without modern diapers for a loooooooong time.

If you're really worried about it buy a zhongzhong FB marketplace washer that you can dedicate to poopy baby rags?
Exactly this. You wipe out all the shit, throw them in the wash. Don’t wash them with your regular clothes. You want to use a more gentle detergent than your skin can handle b/c they’re WAY more sensitive.

We looked into it b/c “the waste!!!” - quality of life would suffer big time. Diapers make up less than 1% of 1% of all trash in landfills. For a lot of the US, it all ends up in an incinerator.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
i'm scared to calculate how much $ they have spent on paper plates, bowls and silverware.

what about napkins? do you guys use cloth napkins and wash those, too?
We use cloth napkins. My family did as a kid too.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
21,565 steps today.

Don't usually walk that much but when you're dumb you do stuff like: go out to your car, get all the way to it, and only then remember you didn't bring the fob.

Had to go back in, reload the machine, then go all the way back out to the car again. It's far away, I park where the office workers who don't come to work anymore used to park.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
21,565 steps today.

Don't usually walk that much but when you're dumb you do stuff like: go out to your car, get all the way to it, and only then remember you didn't bring the fob.

Had to go back in, reload the machine, then go all the way back out to the car again. It's far away, I park where the office workers who don't come to work anymore used to park.
This is a great hypothesis. We need to see if we can find obesity rates by IQ range and see if it tracks.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
We looked into it b/c “the waste!!!” - quality of life would suffer big time. Diapers make up less than 1% of 1% of all trash in landfills. For a lot of the US, it all ends up in an incinerator.
Billionaires are the ones fucking the world.

No normal individual has to feel bad for making a quality of life choice over trying to walk against the tide. I'm all for having a small environmental footprint but no matter how small it doesn't actually matter in the grand scheme.

Even Treeburner Riceburner's environmental impact with all the cars, all the plates is just another, very tiny, brick in the wall.

Last edited:

GolNat

Autocross Champion
We don't want kids, but the idea of cloth nappies has always intrigued me. Diapers are damn expensive and seem super wasteful. Not sure how well they'd actually work.

i havent yet known someone to use them but i, too, am interested in the concept. feel like cleaning them would really be a shitty job though, like do you just throw them right into the washing machine? can a washing machine deal with that kind of shit? can i wash other clothes after that?

We used cloth diapers for a little bit with my daughter. With pee diapers you thrown them in a pale and wash regularly when it gets full. For poop we added a washer/hose attachment to the toilet. You use the sprayer to spray the poop into the toilet. Wash diapers in machine washer in hot water. Done. We used G Diapers I think is what they were called which had an inside part that absorbed the mess and would come out while in the wash.