GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Forum Wiener Declares: GoiNg tO A NEw uRL iS hARd

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Second picture had me wondering how you had such a cluttered kitchen... then I realized the doors were off 😂

Man those look good. How did you address the corner cabinets? We've got a similar (ish) setup, and the cabinets in the corners feel like there's so much space that's wasted/inaccessible. I'm debating some sort of double-hinged cabinet door with one of those spinny shelf things, but I'm a shit carpenter and an even shittier engineer

That's exactly what he has, you can see the hinge in the first picture and the lazy susie in the second.

The initial old one has the rotating lazy sussy in it. The new one is just a big open cavity. Stuff gets shoved in the back, then once a year or so the long expired stuff gets thrown out, making room for new stuff to get shoved in the back lol.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
The initial old one has the rotating lazy sussy in it. The new one is just a big open cavity. Stuff gets shoved in the back, then once a year or so the long expired stuff gets thrown out, making room for new stuff to get shoved in the back lol.
This is exactly the issue we have, and why I plan to move to another solution.

Maybe we need a little motorized train that moves around and carries various products on its railcars.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
We painted both our cabinets and laminate counter top when we moved in 5 years ago. It was done as just a temporary hold over until we replace them both (since done), as they were both 25 years old and gross.

View attachment 296114

View attachment 296115

View attachment 296116

Had them for about two years before finally replacing the cabinets and counters. Apparently this is the most "done" picture I have of our kitchen lol.

View attachment 296117
wow, the painting on the laminate came out great! was that an epoxy deal?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
we have a few lazy susy's, one under the sink for the sprays and stuff, and another in the pantry for oils etc. they DO win if you don't spin them too hard lol

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
wow, the painting on the laminate came out great! was that an epoxy deal?

Yeah. It was one of these kits https://www.homedepot.com/p/Giani-C...ountertop-Paint-Kit-FG-MB-WHTEP-KIT/312713011

Although, I don't remember it being $200 lol. They didn't come out bad, and held up for a couple of years.

1701882473939.png

I recall the kit definitely not giving enough top coat epoxy, it could have used another layer. Heavy use areas were definitely wearing down after two years.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
my wife is on a call but i cannot wait to break this news to her:

my mother in law wants a remote start for her tiguan since she is mobility limited.

VW can't do it, says the manufacture date of the truck excludes it from the option

another place CAN do it, but needs a spare key to sacrifice for the remote start package they offer.

problem is, we lost the key about 9 months ago...

i have been searching all over the place, thinking I lost it, because i'm always moving her truck around as i work on the cars and stuff, and could never find it

VW wants some ~500 dollars to replace the key

Low and behold, where did i find it while looking for MY tiguan key this morning? The very front pocket of my wifes' most commonly used purse.

OH MAN, I cannot wait to rub it in. Babies have been concieved and born in the timeframe this key has just been chilling in her purse.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Yeah. It was one of these kits https://www.homedepot.com/p/Giani-C...ountertop-Paint-Kit-FG-MB-WHTEP-KIT/312713011

Although, I don't remember it being $200 lol. They didn't come out bad, and held up for a couple of years.

View attachment 296119

I recall the kit definitely not giving enough top coat epoxy, it could have used another layer. Heavy use areas were definitely wearing down after two years.
good to hear; i have considered re-laminating and epoxy as well, but we have settled on the ~$3500 real granite option...

riceburner

Autocross Champion
luckily she laughed her ass off then gave me a blowie

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
good to hear; i have considered re-laminating and epoxy as well, but we have settled on the ~$3500 real granite option...

We opted for quartz, but ours was around there installed.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
i will need a boy eventually as well, and lets be honest most dads just wanna skip all the bullshit and have a son they can drink a beer with. i'll adopt as well, what the hell you can work on my car