GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Rice Buys A Minivan

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Luckily the germans provided me with some translated instructions.
1678920343389.png

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Maaan this is more involved than I thought. I don't want to do it tonight, but a part of me is also like, how can you do anything else when it's sitting right there waiting to be installed.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Maaan this is more involved than I thought. I don't want to do it tonight, but a part of me is also like, how can you do anything else when it's sitting right there waiting to be installed.

It crossed oceans to get to you, and you're just going to leave it in a box?

For shame man, for shame....

riceburner

Autocross Champion

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

riceburner

Autocross Champion
lmao. "boy, have I got a deal for you" is exactly what i say whenever someone talks about car woes, wanting a new car, liking my car, etc!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
dudes, this MK2 thing may actually be a viable option. should i do it??

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
dudes, this MK2 thing may actually be a viable option. should i do it??

Depends. Ask yourself the honest question, is this meant to be a daily driver?

Yes? Then no, don't do it.

No? Then consider it.

But remember....

👏 Project/weekend 👏 cars 👏 are 👏 not 👏 dailies 👏

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Sorry Sterkrezzy I gotta make this about my car stuff for a min lol

so the details are essentially: it is a fully restored car. like down to the body, zero rust/fully rustproofed, fully painted, perfect body deal. windows off restoration. custom full interior. New, lightly upgraded 8V engine. Big brake kit. Maybe 100k chassis miles, but on the complete rebuild, i'd guess a few thousand tops? So its like a brand new MK2.

Really, its a show car. I would imagine it to be issue free, and therefore, daily-able if so desired. Afterall, a GTI is MEANT to be a great, sporty daily driver and generally not much more. But also, this one's a classic, technically, and a show car.

I mean, technically my B5 is a weekend/leisure car. I drive it like twice a week. I don't even really need a car, i got a work truck and my other S4 that my wife drives a few times a week if needed. So it could just be a weekend/nice day car. Leave it garaged during the winter.

Grr but so many questions!
Can i live with ~1XX WHP? Even on a ~2500lb car? Part of me always wanted to try a slow car to drive fast. my 88' fiero did not fit the bill!
But this is a GTI! It looks awesome, its OBVIOUSLY a far superior car to the fiero, so its a completely different car!
But its so bare bones, that it's bare bones! Will i truly enjoy the simplicity, not having cup holders for instance? Maybe.
Can I modify it further? Would I be ostracized for doing anything to it? I wouldn't want to riceburner this guys amazing build. So i'd have to warn him no promises that i'd keep it forever.

All i know is, a MK2 is yet another one of my bucket list cars, and I will probably stomp my own balls if i don't do it. Just kinda wish i had the space and $$ to have tons of bucketlist cars so i'm not sacrificing so much to own any one of them at a time.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Ok my dudes