GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Sterkrazzys Five Page Dissertation - TLDR He Got A Flat Tire

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I've never tuned with a product that I couldn't do the flash myself.

Y'all lazy. 🤣🤣🤣

manu97

Autocross Champion
ive never had a car tuned tbh, nothing ive owned in the past really had options for it.

i figure ill get my ecu and tcu tuned and then get the link system after.
Are you set on the APR tune? Feels like you have more options for the amount you'll spend on them.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Are you set on the APR tune? Feels like you have more options for the amount you'll spend on them.
APR is easiest for me to get done. Plus I THINK they said that with the link system you can freely change between octane rating tunes when you buy one.

manu97

Autocross Champion
APR is easiest for me to get done. Plus I THINK they said that with the link system you can freely change between octane rating tunes when you buy one.
Why not an AP? Can snag a used GTI one for cheap and all u gotta get is the tune. And if you ever decide you want to change, you can resell.

Seems like w/APR, all the cost is the tune, so you can't recoup

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
IMG_0656.jpeg

GolNat

Autocross Champion

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Very interesting. APR says they reset the flash counter when you flash back to the stock tune with their new at home tuning device.

Interesting. Very interesting.
I don't think this means what people think it means. It does not sound like it prevents a TD1. I just think APR has worded this in a way that makes it sound like that, but Arin hasn't confirmed it yet (maybe he did, it's hard to keep up with the 12 threads). Here's a link to the one that seems to have the most traction.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...ash-tuning-is-here.442446/page-2#post-8038827

manu97

Autocross Champion
tune still looks like its $1100 for both ecu and tcu even with the AP?

i fully admit i am dumb in this realm
Option 1: APR ECU/TCU Tune - 450 + 450 + 125 (Ultralink) = 1025 (1125 not on sale)
If reselling, the most you'd get back is cost of Ultralink, so overall cost is close to 900 bucks

Option 2: Used Accessport + New ECU/TCU Tune - 700 (for a DSG enabled one) + 175 (ECU) + 175 (TCU) = 1050
If reselling, you could probably get 500 or so back pretty easily. Meaning your cost is closer to 550.