GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Sterkrazzys Five Page Dissertation - TLDR He Got A Flat Tire

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Except woodski cause he'd hate me then
Nothing wrong with being rich.

Letting the rich not pay taxes and create monopolies after literally bribing politicians is the problem. US fiscal policy throwing money at the rich, while bemoaning the safety net is a problem. 🤷‍♂️

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Any rich people near by? Marinate for two hours, then grill on medium heat.
Actually yes, working in a hospital the doctors are pretty loaded.

ngl though I want to buy an entry level Porsche for AX (thinking like Carrera, Cayman, that type of thing) and maybe take it to work once in a while because people at my level don't know the difference and will just think I'm rich AF despite the car costing less than their Civics/Corollas

the real flex is being able to afford the upkeep 😂

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
CSB: Day one as volunteer track coach for the local middle school/high school. Good fun.

Not CSB: Stepped out of my car and my knee bent slightly more than 45 degrees and I folded and fell on the ground like a sack of potatoes. Need to see a doctor soon. Whats up with this primary care physician in network/out of network referral getting bullshit? Just let me see the damn orthopedic I want to see.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
CSB: Day one as volunteer track coach for the local middle school/high school. Good fun.

Not CSB: Stepped out of my car and my knee bent slightly more than 45 degrees and I folded and fell on the ground like a sack of potatoes. Need to see a doctor soon. Whats up with this primary care physician in network/out of network referral getting bullshit? Just let me see the damn orthopedic I want to see.
Just wait until they tell you something like "when I injure myself I take an advil and I'm good, so that should work for you too"

Daily fucking headaches that weren't normal for me and the doctor tells me advil helps her with her headaches. Jesus christ lady, am I at a wendys instead?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Actually yes, working in a hospital the doctors are pretty loaded.

ngl though I want to buy an entry level Porsche for AX (thinking like Carrera, Cayman, that type of thing) and maybe take it to work once in a while because people at my level don't know the difference and will just think I'm rich AF despite the car costing less than their Civics/Corollas

the real flex is being able to afford the upkeep 😂
People buy old Boxsters for $7k and don't understand the service and parts costs are same as a new 911.

My 986 S and 996 were nightmares. I'm so hard on cars, I'll just stick to GTI's. Cheap and disposable. Or at least dumped on a dealer. (I 100% told them everything wrong with the car and I track with the sales manager, so my conscience is clean)

RIP next owner. 🤣

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Just wait until they tell you something like "when I injure myself I take an advil and I'm good, so that should work for you too"

Daily fucking headaches that weren't normal for me and the doctor tells me advil helps her with her headaches. Jesus christ lady, am I at a wendys instead?
Rest, NSAIDs and ROM excerises are likely going to be the first thing they do, unless they can determine an obvious etiology on exam, i.e. internal derangement, can feel laxity in ACL/PCL, or feel the meniscus catching. Very few primary care providers have the strength or the experience to do a proper knee exam, though, so...They'll do some xrays, but they rarely pick up anything, unless joint space is severely affected and the radiologist has previous xrays for comparison.

Then it's usually off to physical therapy for 3 to 6 months. If not resolved, then ortho.

Some doctors religiously stick to those guidelines, others will fudge findings and direct to ortho. Luck of the draw and determined by insurance company.

If it makes you feel any better, rest, nsaids and physical therapy resolve 75% of knee pain.

That's why they make you jump through hoops to see ortho or get MRI.

That's going to be $1000. Sorry, I'm not in network. You can PayPal me. 🤣

messrock

Autocross Champion

Your well being is somebody else’s vacation home. Never forget that.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Rest, NSAIDs and ROM excerises are likely going to be the first thing they do, unless they can determine an obvious etiology on exam, i.e. internal derangement, can feel laxity in ACL/PCL, or feel the meniscus catching. Very few primary care providers have the strength or the experience to do a proper knee exam, though, so...They'll do some xrays, but they rarely pick up anything, unless joint space is severely affected and the radiologist has previous xrays for comparison.

Then it's usually off to physical therapy for 3 to 6 months. If not resolved, then ortho.

Some doctors religiously stick to those guidelines, others will fudge findings and direct to ortho. Luck of the draw and determined by insurance company.

If it makes you feel any better, rest, nsaids and physical therapy resolve 75% of knee pain.

That's why they make you jump through hoops to see ortho or get MRI.

That's going to be $1000. Sorry, I'm not in network. You can PayPal me. 🤣

Don't get me started on the "Insurance is a scam" tangent.

messrock

Autocross Champion

When I started having a nerve issue that caused my right arm and part of my neck to go numb my PCP just said “don’t do those things” - no referral, nothing. Fucking POS. Went in for my physical with the LNP this year and she told me he’s finally retiring. We both shared horror stories.