GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Sterkrazzys Five Page Dissertation - TLDR He Got A Flat Tire

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
It's not a surprise considering the low build quality on mk8s. A local young kid that I did a bunch of work for on his mk7 traded to a mk8, kept it stock except a short shifter. He was in the dealer every other week for random problems and ended up dumping it after 4 months
As opposed to the 19 GTI's that took over a year for them to get the vvt to work correctly and the car died at stop lights and ran stupid rich under 4000 rpms, killing the O2 sensors and causing the car to be slow?

The mk8's suspension and clutch are so much better, I'll chance some teething issues.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Guess who has a torn rotator cuff and has to have surgery?

@Pineapple Garage remains open for use. We can still be on to install your suspension. @dtfd said he can come to help (and he's the one who actually owns the spring compressor), so my role might be relegated to being the "Hell yeah brother!" moral support and tool fetcher, but my tools and quickjack are probably more important than I am anyway 🤣

@messrock, same with your downpipe. Grab Dino and I'll watch you guys struggle to get it out from underneath the car 🤣

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
As opposed to the 19 GTI's that took over a year for them to get the vvt to work correctly and the car died at stop lights and ran stupid rich under 4000 rpms, killing the O2 sensors and causing the car to be slow?

The mk8's suspension and clutch are so much better, I'll chance some teething issues.
I never said mk7's weren't low build quality either 🤷

jay745

@Pineapple Garage remains open for use. We can still be on to install your suspension. @dtfd said he can come to help (and he's the one who actually owns the spring compressor), so my role might be relegated to being the "Hell yeah brother!" moral support and tool fetcher, but my tools and quickjack are probably more important than I am anyway 🤣

@messrock, same with your downpipe. Grab Dino and I'll watch you guys struggle to get it out from underneath the car 🤣
Lol what. You use spring compressors on vw suspension?

Why on Glenn Danzigs earth????

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
That sucks man, I hope they get it fixed quickly.

If it makes you feel any better, car wash broke my rear wiper and it's backordered.

Wiper delete plugs aren't back ordered...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Lol what. You use spring compressors on vw suspension?

Why on Glenn Danzigs earth????

After doing the suspension initially on my GTI I did deem it unnecessary, but others like to take the 5 minutes just to be safe.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion

tfw when not cool enough to get the suspension install invite despite having all the parts :( :( :(

dtfd

Autocross Champion

I'm always down to help out, but yes we will need Acadia's magical tool-filled garage rather than my dingy shared space with no quickjack.

jay745

I'm always down to help out, but yes we will need Acadia's magical tool-filled garage rather than my dingy shared space with no quickjack.
Actual pic of acadias toolbox
1000001996.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
tfw when not cool enough to get the suspension install invite despite having all the parts :( :( :(

If you need to install your suspension, feel free to schedule a time to come on by. I've found 2 - 3 people being the good number to get together to install stuff. More than that is a fun time to hang out, but run in to the "too many cooks" problem, where stuff gets missed since you thought someone else tightened that clamp on the boost hose.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

riceburner

Autocross Champion
actual pic of my toolbox
1711634393764.png

actual pic of my box:
1711634421812.png