GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Boat Salesman In Florida Colluding With Chicago, Sauce Level Rises In Deep Dish Pizzas

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I spent two weeks on the Kissimmee chain of lakes for a big kayak tournament a couple years ago. One of the canals that I fished had a 10 footer and a 12+ that I was always very aware of. The biggest one was very shy, but the 10 footer liked to sun on a spot that was on a choke point into the lake. I went by him twice with less than his body length between the two of us. I talked to him [softly] both times I squeezed through his spot and he watched me with what I can only describe as hungry curiosity. My Glock 27 was ready to go in case he decided to share my kayak with me, but I never felt threatened at all............... we're right back onto carrying firearms.

I'm a huge fan of the 2nd amendment (even though it's far from perfect), but for some reason that doesn't translate into me liking the people who open carry. They might as well have a sign on their back to shoot them first, when an active shooter situation kicks off.
Jay would love Silver Springs. Kayaking feet away from massive gators and angry monkeys.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I'm a huge fan of the 2nd amendment (even though it's far from perfect), but for some reason that doesn't translate into me liking the people who open carry. They might as well have a sign on their back to shoot them first, when an active shooter situation kicks off.
I agree with you. Concealed is the way

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Unless you win...
Generally this is pointless also.

It's like a play stupid games win stupid prizes thing.

Professional fighting I actually like so don't get me wrong there. I just can't stand anyone who goes out to bars or wherever to start fights.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Generally this is pointless also.

It's like a play stupid games win stupid prizes thing.

Professional fighting I actually like so don't get me wrong there. I just can't stand anyone who goes out to bars or wherever to start fights.
the thing is all of these professional fighters started as those bar jokers lmao.

like theres not a single good role model amongst all of them.

i think the part about ufc that annoys me the most is when they knock someone down and just start whaling on someone.

like at least in boxing when someones down they dont continue to turn them into a pulp.

also gonna be real interesting in 20-30 years to see how many of these dudes die early from CTE and other related shit.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
We live in a golf course community with tons of retention ponds. It's normal to see them sunning themselves on the banks of the ponds and if you're walking about night and shine a flashlight over the water, you can see it reflect in their eyes. There's a lot of them. It doesn't help that our neighborhood is encircled by a lake, river and creek that all have gators.

I would like to visit your house and sleep on your couch to see this

CSB: lived in FL for a bit as a little kid. Lived in a community that had tons of retention ponds and backed up to a decently large river. I liked to fish in the pond behind my house, there were some tig ol catfish in it, and one day I caught a fish so big and so strong I couldn't reel it in myself, but the rod and line were holding. Called my dad for help. Dad starts reeling the fish in, and then sees it break the surface for the first time. Immediate "Saabin, run inside the house and get the scissors NOW."

Turns out I did not catch a fish. I caught the friendly neighborhood pond alligator. For the next 6 months you could tell where it was because the bobber from my line was still attached.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
When we were kids we'd fuck with the alligators more than they'd fuck with us.

The only times I ever saw them chase anything would be if you were fishing. They didn't give a fuck you were right there. They'd come right up on shore and chase after that fish.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
the thing is all of these professional fighters started as those bar jokers lmao.

like theres not a single good role model amongst all of them.

i think the part about ufc that annoys me the most is when they knock someone down and just start whaling on someone.

like at least in boxing when someones down they dont continue to turn them into a pulp.

also gonna be real interesting in 20-30 years to see how many of these dudes die early from CTE and other related shit.
Bold part is just not true. I'd bet a few started that way, but not all.
As for the role models comment...
Take Alex Pereira for example - He was a bricklayer and alcoholic and took to fighting to get rid of his addiction.
Take George St.Pierre who was bullied and learned to fight so he could keep his lunch money.
Overcoming adversity is a good message in my opinion.
"Not a single good role model amongst all of them" is the biggest load of crap I've read. It's obvious you're not into the sport or see some of the behind the scenes stuff.
If you want to hate on someone individually... like Conor McGregor or Chael Sonnen... all power to you, but you also have to realize that they're in the entertainment business, and the modern day hype system favors trash talk and starting beef. It gets eyeballs.
I just hate grouping people together. Same way I wouldn't group Jay as an insurance scammer or group you as a dealership bozo.

As for the wailing on someone into a pulp... yeah that shits brutal... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: To be fair, they know the risk and nobody's forcing them to fight.
They have trained refs that jump in. And despite the trash talk and all of that shit, you see the fighters (most of them at least) respect each other to see if they're ok.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Bold part is just not true. I'd bet a few started that way, but not all.
As for the role models comment...
Take Alex Pereira for example - He was a bricklayer and alcoholic and took to fighting to get rid of his addiction.
Take George St.Pierre who was bullied and learned to fight so he could keep his lunch money.
Overcoming adversity is a good message in my opinion.
"Not a single good role model amongst all of them" is the biggest load of crap I've read. It's obvious you're not into the sport or see some of the behind the scenes stuff.
If you want to hate on someone individually... like Conor McGregor or Chael Sonnen... all power to you, but you also have to realize that they're in the entertainment business, and the modern day hype system favors trash talk and starting beef. It gets eyeballs.
I just hate grouping people together. Same way I wouldn't group Jay as an insurance scammer or group you as a dealership bozo.

As for the wailing on someone into a pulp... yeah that shits brutal... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: To be fair, they know the risk and nobody's forcing them to fight.
They have trained refs that jump in. And despite the trash talk and all of that shit, you see the fighters (most of them at least) respect each other to see if they're ok.
Yes this