GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Woodski Is A Debbie Downer And Doesn't Like Fun

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
dont hire them 😅

spoken from my 28 YO wife herself. It is drama-llama when you get a place full of them working a stressful job together. most of the investigations she has to perform are due to pissing matches that seem to happen for no real base reason, the managers picking on others/favoritism, shit like that.
Long ago, I worked in an engineering department that consisted of 99% men, because engineering. In a push for diversity, they hired 3 young women at the same time. Within 1 year, there had been multiple screaming matches between them, one had slashed another's tires, one threw their coffee cup at another ones head, and 2/3 had been fired. Fun stuff. I'm not sure HR had ever even been to that floor of the building prior to that and they were almost daily visitors after.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
It's funny we were talking about knives the other day and I found a bunch while cleaning out my office to make way for a new desk. My FIL gave me a bunch one year and there's a Dale Earnhardt pocket knife in the bunch. I still remember seeing that wreck and thinking it was a pretty light hit and turned off the TV. Didn't know he died until the next morning.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Pic of the knife and new desk.

Directions said 1 hour to assemble. It took 4. I'm not a 10 year old Chinese factory worker.

20231204_093045.jpg
20231204_093106.jpg

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I carry my cheap $10 kobalt box cutter knife at work and play. Off work I always have my FiveseveN on my person. Box cutter if they f*#k around, other if they want to find out. I travel way too much to not stay protected. I kinda like making it back home to the wife and kids every week.
Wooo how do you like the fiveseven? Had my eye on one for years but the ammo cost has put me off

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Wooo how do you like the fiveseven? Had my eye on one for years but the ammo cost has put me off

+1 also curious. Not a firearm owner but do appreciate them, and am an engineering nerd who likes to read random shit. Info on the 5-7 has always had me saying "if one day I decide to buy a handgun..."

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Long ago, I worked in an engineering department that consisted of 99% men, because engineering. In a push for diversity, they hired 3 young women at the same time. Within 1 year, there had been multiple screaming matches between them, one had slashed another's tires, one threw their coffee cup at another ones head, and 2/3 had been fired. Fun stuff. I'm not sure HR had ever even been to that floor of the building prior to that and they were almost daily visitors after.
One of our young engineers, a woman, went to HR about how one of the floor guys spoke to her.

She wanted to replace these heavy steel baskets(used for heat treating)with carbon fiber trays, actually a good idea, but she didn't like the criticism that the idea wasn't fully formed. Like, these other baskets get picked up by a chain hoist, you lock 4 heavy hooks onto them to lift it.

She didn't understand that he was trying to tell her the tray would be destroyed if they didn't figure out a different way to pick them up. They did eventually create a fixture that attached to the tray and that was attached to the hoist but this girl was gone by the time that came around.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
It's funny we were talking about knives the other day and I found a bunch while cleaning out my office to make way for a new desk. My FIL gave me a bunch one year and there's a Dale Earnhardt pocket knife in the bunch. I still remember seeing that wreck and thinking it was a pretty light hit and turned off the TV. Didn't know he died until the next morning.
He actually died almost instantly, like, his head came detached from his neck but without him being decapitated. Still pretty gruesome, he probably would have lived with later safety tech in place.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
LMAO!

Our engineering company is owned by a woman and employs many women. But I gotta say, there has never been any drama here to my knowledge. We now have ~150 people, I started ~10 years ago when it was ~60, and probably ~50 of those 60 are still with us today. So our HR dept has it 'easy'.

riceburner

Autocross Champion

riceburner

Autocross Champion
gently keeping an eye out for another MK7R for the wife because she misses mine, but every single one that is ~20k is manual. Never thought i would be like 'YUCK GET THAT MANUAL SHIT OUT OF HERE' but hey if its her car...

Also most of them are blue, another thing I would be jerking my meat over but she hates blue cars

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
gently keeping an eye out for another MK7R for the wife because she misses mine, but every single one that is ~20k is manual. Never thought i would be like 'YUCK GET THAT MANUAL SHIT OUT OF HERE' but hey if its her car...

Also most of them are blue, another thing I would be jerking my meat over but she hates blue cars
The price is obviously higher than you're looking for, but I saw this in person Saturday when I stopped to get something from the parts counter. Same powertrain as the mk8 golf R (and blue!). I'd seriously consider a car swap for this, it's so nice in person.
https://www.winnervw.com/viewdetails/cpo/wvwar7an7pe001821/2023-volkswagen-arteon-4dr-car?type=cash

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
He actually died almost instantly, like, his head came detached from his neck but without him being decapitated. Still pretty gruesome, he probably would have lived with later safety tech in place.
Called a Atlas or hinge fracture. I just didn't realize he was dead, because I flipped off the TV.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

20k mk7r's? Where?

riceburner

Autocross Champion