CSB3: Forum Boomers Attempt To Decipher Gen Z Mad Libs

riceburner

Autocross Champion
the more i've improved my manual mk5 the worse its gotten

started with a STS kit
Then did engine/trans mounts
Then short shifter knob
Then took out the bleeder delay valve

Shifts are VERY notchy now and I can no longer shift like salt bae sprinkling a steak but need to use some forearm strength, but maybe a little 'too' notchy where you sometimes think its a grind lol. Then again some shift actually do grind when its cold

Then again my clutch is probably close to toast.

riceburner

Autocross Champion

riceburner

Autocross Champion
CSB - I still remember the first time I saw one. I was driving south from Rome on the A1 going through the mountains in the Corrado and hauling ass. I came up behind it and just admired it for a few minutes, pulling along side and getting a side view. My wife had to listen to me go on and on about all the specs. It was driven by a white haired old Italian man doing 5 mph under the speed limit. South of Rome in the late 90's, speed limits were a suggestion and this dude was still slow poking along.

Life isn't fair. I drove off at triple digit speeds and he soldiered on at 5 under.
idk what my fav 911 is yet but probably the 993 or 996. But boy, every time I see any 911 esp when hopped up a bit, they all look and sound GLORIOUS

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
@riceburner don't bring your wife around mine, Nat bully your wife for not learning stick πŸ˜‚ she's very "being a woman has zero impact on your ability to operate a machine"-oriented, and I'm proud AF. Like, she gets real fired up about Ladies' classes in motorsports.

edit: actually, do bring your wife around. She'll leave not only able to drive stick, but also waaaaaaaaaaay too enthusiastic about going fast.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
@Nineeightyone i envy you.

i laugh inside whenever i hear a bloke say he had to buy an automatic because the wife can't drive stick. When i replaced my car i bought another manual because the wife can't drive stick.
It's definitely a benefit. She's driven stick since she got her license, and both of her parents are the same.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
thats another ok reason for me to always buy manual, no chance she will ever take my car out and put miles and curb rash on it

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
I hear the P8s were also having some screen texture issues. Not a great launch, which is unfortunate because I really like the Pixel devices. My P7 is pretty recent though and feels snappy as ever.

No issues with texture or display quality here, just the screen going completely dead. My theory is that my dummy thicc dump truck of a peach flexes the phone *just right* when I sit down, and unplugs the wires on the inside.