GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Desperate Need For A Smoke Machine In The East Coast, Canada Wildfires Don't Suffice Anymore

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
I'm off work till jan3 w00t

i-said-hey-he-man (26).gif

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Plenty of time to fix your car!

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Does BFI ever run discounts on their products? My wallet's itching for some mounts but idk if it's $620 itching...

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Does BFI ever run discounts on their products? My wallet's itching for some mounts but idk if it's $620 itching...
I think the best I've seen is like 15% off? IIRC I paid like $135 for the shift knob (120% worth it).

Either way though the mounts are worth it. I'm stage 1 engine & transmission with the powerflex hybrid puck for the rear mount, and it's barely noticable other than significantly reduced driveline movement. I kind of wish they'd offer a solution for the rear motor mount too, but the Powerflex mount has been fine for me for the time being.

I also see they have "Stage 3" mounts now

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Yeah I wouldn't expect "bespoke" performance parts to end up on a clearance sale, but 15% on 620 is very nearly a Benjamin.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Also worth noting, keep an eye on those dumb credit card special offers. In addition to regular cash back, I got an extra 8% cashback offer through my credit card for Tire Rack (through the app, so definitely legit).

Unlucky for them, but I was setting up to drop a couple g's on stuff there anyway, so new suspension, brakes, wheels & tires were several hundred dollars back.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
I got $2.55 PayPal (15% off $3) for an updated thread title.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
I think the best I've seen is like 15% off? IIRC I paid like $135 for the shift knob (120% worth it).

Either way though the mounts are worth it. I'm stage 1 engine & transmission with the powerflex hybrid puck for the rear mount, and it's barely noticable other than significantly reduced driveline movement. I kind of wish they'd offer a solution for the rear motor mount too, but the Powerflex mount has been fine for me for the time being.

I also see they have "Stage 3" mounts now
I can't wait for stage 4, where I just weld the engine directly to the body.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
BFI mounts are 😘

Got mine gently used.

IMG_4740.jpeg

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
BFI mounts are 😘

Got mine gently used.

View attachment 296895
Mine have always held up well, and I love that you can buy replacement bushings. Very much set up so you could run them for a very long time, which I appreciate. I'm still getting used to this whole 'everything is a consumable' idea -- I think it was last year or so that GRM brought up that wheels are a consumable, and that the metal can be fatigued to the point where it's justifiable to replace them.

Granted I'm not pushing my shit hard enough that I think that's really going to be an issue, but being able to keep things longer-term and with a focus on ability to replace components is pretty nice.