GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Desperate Need For A Smoke Machine In The East Coast, Canada Wildfires Don't Suffice Anymore

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Even when I'm the passenger bad driving bothers me. Lane drifting, cell phone use, no signals or braking hard and then signaling, inability to merge at the speed at which the highway is flowing, being in the left lane when you need to exit the highway on the right in 1000 feet....other general stupidity.

That basically all elicits the same response from me:

"Look at this stupid motherfucker"

I'll only get really heated up if I get long term trapped behind horrible drivers but it always gets me at least a little angry just to see it.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Even when I'm the passenger bad driving bothers me. Lane drifting, cell phone use, no signals or braking hard and then signaling, inability to merge at the speed at which the highway is flowing, being in the left lane when you need to exit the highway on the right in 1000 feet....other general stupidity.

That basically all elicits the same response from me:

"Look at this stupid motherfucker"

I'll only get really heated up if I get long term trapped behind horrible drivers but it always gets me at least a little angry just to see it.
Definitely annoys me, but I generally plan for/expect these sorts of behaviors, and so I try to place myself so that it won't impact me. Jackass jumping lanes constantly to get one car ahead? Fuck it, I'll leave extra room so that when it's inevitably done to me, there's plenty of space and less chance that I'm going to be sans a front bumper. I just want a not-stressful drive, so I'm fairly conservative in my day to day travels.

Driving (yes, driving) with one sock-clad foot out the window, constantly looking down at the phone? Yeah, I'm staying FAR behind. There's a whole lot of dumb out there, and I just don't wanna be a part of it.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Expect the worst and youre never dissapointed

+1 on ignorance in bliss

riceburner

Autocross Champion
I.e., i come in here expecting post count posts and people complaining about the title. Anything else is a bonus

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Definitely annoys me, but I generally plan for/expect these sorts of behaviors, and so I try to place myself so that it won't impact me. Jackass jumping lanes constantly to get one car ahead? Fuck it, I'll leave extra room so that when it's inevitably done to me, there's plenty of space and less chance that I'm going to be sans a front bumper. I just want a not-stressful drive, so I'm fairly conservative in my day to day travels.

Driving (yes, driving) with one sock-clad foot out the window, constantly looking down at the phone? Yeah, I'm staying FAR behind. There's a whole lot of dumb out there, and I just don't wanna be a part of it.
I always try to leave room, but that's another thing that kills me.

I hate it when I'm hanging back in the traffic jam so I don't have to stop rolling but one retard after another zooms past thinking that I'm somehow the one causing all 1000 cars to have to go 20mph on the highway 🤦

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Ding ding ding.

Bad drivers don't bother her nearly as much as they bother me so I'm hoping that if she really does want to go up to Cheshire, she'll do the driving.
if i wasnt still feeling not great id join ya

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
I.e., i come in here expecting post count posts and people complaining about the title. Anything else is a bonus

Don't want people complaining about lack of thread title updates?

Don't lock long running threads due to lack of thread title updates...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
SSB (Sad Story Bros):

Yesterday around 3pm someone was hammering on our doorbell. My wife goes to the door, it's the old man who lives diagonally across from us. He asks her if his wife is in our house. She says no, he asks if she's sure, as his wife told him she'd be here. Assures him, no, his wife isn't here. Sends him on his way. I ask who it was, she just says it was a confused old man.

Today, my wife went to go grab our daughter from school. Goes into her car, and notices it's been rummaged through. Nothing is missing, but she can tell everything has been tossed about. So she gets freaked out.

I start checking our doorbell camera. It didn't pick up anything, except I can see as of 7am, her sweater is draped over her driver's seat (what tipped her off since she didn't leave it there).

I start going through my dashcam footage. Starting around 3pm when the confused old man was here. From where I'm parked, I can see him come down our stairs in the front camera. In my rear cam, I can see the shadow of him opening my car door. I didn't notice anything, since my car is spotless and there's nothing in it to go through. About 10 minutes later, I can see him amble back to his house. Figure in that time he was going through my wife's car.

Start connecting the dots, and don't think it's anything malicious. Go and talk to our neighborhood gossip neighbor, and ask what his situation. Says yup, he's not all there, he thinks dementia. He doesn't even have a wife. Usually there are caretakers at the house.

So I'm outside when one of the caretakers shows up today, so I went over just to let them know "Hey, he got out yesterday." Says she knew the door was wide open when she showed up and almost had a heart attack. Has no idea how long he was out for. Said she doesn't even know how he got his walker down their stairs to get out.

Turns out he has alzheimer's. He thought our house is as his wife's, and she told him to come over for coffee. Thought our cars were his. He doesn't have a wife or car...

Talking to the caretaker, there's just chunks of the day he's there alone. Like wtf? I don't know the full situation but he needs to be in an assisted living facility. Him being alone is a disaster waiting to happen. He has no family in the area, it's just a group of people who take shifts going and watching him for chunks of the day.

cb1111

SSB (Sad Story Bros):

Yesterday around 3pm someone was hammering on our doorbell. My wife goes to the door, it's the old man who lives diagonally across from us. He asks her if his wife is in our house. She says no, he asks if she's sure, as his wife told him she'd be here. Assures him, no, his wife isn't here. Sends him on his way. I ask who it was, she just says it was a confused old man.

Today, my wife went to go grab our daughter from school. Goes into her car, and notices it's been rummaged through. Nothing is missing, but she can tell everything has been tossed about. So she gets freaked out.

I start checking our doorbell camera. It didn't pick up anything, except I can see as of 7am, her sweater is draped over her driver's seat (what tipped her off since she didn't leave it there).

I start going through my dashcam footage. Starting around 3pm when the confused old man was here. From where I'm parked, I can see him come down our stairs in the front camera. In my rear cam, I can see the shadow of him opening my car door. I didn't notice anything, since my car is spotless and there's nothing in it to go through. About 10 minutes later, I can see him amble back to his house. Figure in that time he was going through my wife's car.

Start connecting the dots, and don't think it's anything malicious. Go and talk to our neighborhood gossip neighbor, and ask what his situation. Says yup, he's not all there, he thinks dementia. He doesn't even have a wife. Usually there are caretakers at the house.

So I'm outside when one of the caretakers shows up today, so I went over just to let them know "Hey, he got out yesterday." Says she knew the door was wide open when she showed up and almost had a heart attack. Has no idea how long he was out for. Said she doesn't even know how he got his walker down their stairs to get out.

Turns out he has alzheimer's. He thought our house is as his wife's, and she told him to come over for coffee. Thought our cars were his. He doesn't have a wife or car...

Talking to the caretaker, there's just chunks of the day he's there alone. Like wtf? I don't know the full situation but he needs to be in an assisted living facility. Him being alone is a disaster waiting to happen. He has no family in the area, it's just a group of people who take shifts going and watching him for chunks of the day.
Sad indeed. Since nobody is doing anything, please call the RI department of Aging https://oha.ri.gov/ and ask for help for him. You might need to contact https://oha.ri.gov/what-we-do/protect/elder-protective-services. Please do it ASAP - you'll sleep better and so will he. Alzheimer is an awful disease and he'll most likely need 24/7 care. It sounds like he is still mostly functional, so there are drugs that might help.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Sad indeed. Since nobody is doing anything, please call the RI department of Aging https://oha.ri.gov/ and ask for help for him. You might need to contact https://oha.ri.gov/what-we-do/protect/elder-protective-services. Please do it ASAP - you'll sleep better and so will he. Alzheimer is an awful disease and he'll most likely need 24/7 care. It sounds like he is still mostly functional, so there are drugs that might help.

Thanks for the links to the resources, will do. I'm not sure how "functional" he is (mobility wise at least), when I reviewed our doorbell footage to investigate my wife's car, he struggled to get up\down our stairs. He has a walker, and the caretaker was like "He's never done this, I don't know how he even got his walker down our stairs to get out!". So it kind of sounds like their method of keeping him in the house is relying on his physical inability to get out. Which clearly isn't 100%.

cb1111

Thanks for the links to the resources, will do. I'm not sure how "functional" he is (mobility wise at least), when I reviewed our doorbell footage to investigate my wife's car, he struggled to get up\down our stairs. He has a walker, and the caretaker was like "He's never done this, I don't know how he even got his walker down our stairs to get out!". So it kind of sounds like their method of keeping him in the house is relying on his physical inability to get out. Which clearly isn't 100%.
It sounded like he was lucid when he spoke with your wife (confused, wrong, but lucid - it seems like your wife just thought he was confused about where his wife was) and it was evening - there is something called sundowning where people with dementia get more confused the later it gets in the day, so if he seemed lucid then, then he is probably better during the day.

I had a crash course in all things Alzheimer when my dad was diagnosed in 89. He was mostly OK until 2001 and hung on until 2006.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
CSB : i bought two pairs of glasses a few weeks from zenni and they came in yesterday, they look good and all that fun stuff and i was wearing one of them last night.

i go to play xbox and everything looks a little blurry, definitely shouldn't. put my old glasses back on and it all comes into focus.

huh.

went and checked my order and i accidentally went the wrong way with my prescription and ordered weaker lenses lmao.

(i got my eyes done a while ago and i just bump the prescription up one notch every time my eyes get a little worse. the last one was -2.25, but instead of going up to -2.50, i accidentally ordered the lenses at -2.00. im returning them and just ordering the correct ones when i get the credit lmao)