GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Desperate Need For A Smoke Machine In The East Coast, Canada Wildfires Don't Suffice Anymore

riceburner

Autocross Champion
rich is buying a 20+ year old vw just for funsies

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
How about a 26yo JDM station wagon? 😬

1706847013470.png

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Rich is when you have so much money your passive interest income dwarfs the income of the middle class.

Oh, and middle class is you make like $150k as an individual. Less if you live down south, but not that much less. 2024 dollars ain't worth what they used to be.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
^Don't be a Dick

;) for Jim

srsly I think many of y'all are doing strict interpretation of "rich" from the numbers I've seen I ain't rich but I don't have to worry about $. Upper middle class is where I would slot my $. Hard work, thrifty, and lucky. Not bad for a fool with only a HS education.

700' of driveway that I spread 16 tons of process on. Is that a Rich or Poor driveway?

Last edited:

GolNat

Autocross Champion
There are plenty of people who appear to be rich but are living paycheck to paycheck. Unless you have liquid money that can cover all your costs plus some I don’t think you are “rich”.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Went to a concert last night.

Need to put the absolute kibosh on any future "let's go to a concert on a weeknight it'll be fun" attempts ... unless I take PTO the next day.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Yes! Great show all around. The Interrupters opened. And yeah, you're old, because I'm old and I was 9 in '94.

$10M in liquid assets? That feels right, if a bit arbitrary. But I don't really know anybody near that line; most are way below it or way over it. I know a few people with far more (like $50M plus) and everybody else I know is between $0 and $1M.
In LIQUID assets?

I would say age is a factor here but 1M in liquid assets is firmly rich kid territory for a person in thier 20's, it's upper middle for a person in thier 40's

dtfd

Autocross Champion
^Don't be a Dick

;) for Jim

srsly I think many of y'all are doing strict interpretation of "rich" from the numbers I've seen I ain't rich but I don't have to worry about $. Upper middle class is where I would slot my $. Hard work, thrifty, and lucky. Not bad for a fool with only a HS education.

700' of driveway that I spread 16 tons of process on. Is that a Rich or Poor driveway?
700 feet of driveway? Rich
Rocks not asphalt? Poor

Conclusion? Middle.