GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Desperate Need For A Smoke Machine In The East Coast, Canada Wildfires Don't Suffice Anymore

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
I don't give out my Gmail because it's cringe to the max from when I was an edgy/nerdy teenager. Nothing offensive but just not fitting for a grown-up. I still have it, but I underestimated how widespread Google accounts would be. Wish I could change it, but now I get to flex with my full name as an email.
Fullname email is my primary
Bigchungusmk6@blahblahblah is my use for everything non career related

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
At the end of the day, there are only 3 choices.

1. Pay people enough to have shelter, Healthcare, transportation, etc...
2. Subsidize low pay with tax money.
3. Fuck the poor, let them suffer.

We're currently doing #2. About half the country want #1, but you can't have billionaires and actually do this. The other half of the country wants #3, you know, the ones that love Jesus.

#2 is the compromise we've arrived at.
Can you please explain how letting the poor suffer is the love of Jesus? Normally politics and religion is something not to be discussed, but since you mentioned it, I'd love to hear how wrong you are.....

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Can you please explain how letting the poor suffer is the love of Jesus? Normally politics and religion is something not to be discussed, but since you mentioned it, I'd love to hear how wrong you are.....
Same here
At the end of the day, there are only 3 choices.

1. Pay people enough to have shelter, Healthcare, transportation, etc...
2. Subsidize low pay with tax money.
3. Fuck the poor, let them suffer.

We're currently doing #2. About half the country want #1, but you can't have billionaires and actually do this. The other half of the country wants #3, you know, the ones that love Jesus.

#2 is the compromise we've arrived at.
Forgetting option 4 - focus on providing the impoverished with opportunities and incentives to earn their way out, as did jay, corprin, and many more by busting their ass and making good financial decisions.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
I grew up poor, like actually poor where our electricity got shut off for months at a time etc. Then moved out of my parents on my own when I was 17 and making no money. Yes, I've gone without. Same reason I worked so hard so I could change my path and not be poor and now I'm not.

Guess we're different. I dont have the humanitarian trait you do. People shouldn't have kids if they can't afford them. There should be a license requirement to have kids where you can show financial stability. Also

View attachment 298781

I also think an IQ test as many don't bother to bring the kids up, & "dump" them on the teachers/states responsibility...

Over here we have the "welfare state"...which was created to help out those in short term hard times & those desperately in need...

Unfortunately & as is typical with humans...the system has been abused, & now we have had several generations of idle BVAs (breathing valuable air), just refusing to do work, having loads of kids, smoking, drinking & doing everything to play the systems & they sit back & end up being a drain on the free health care (NHS), all the time "earning" more per year in state hand-outs than I spend in a year!!.....& they get a house given too them.....

I don't mind helping those who genuinely need it, but many really are taking the mick!..

Why should I fund fuckwits?.....I hate it, bad enough the gov waste money on stupid vanity projects...

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Same here

Forgetting option 4 - focus on providing the impoverished with opportunities and incentives to earn their way out, as did jay, corprin, and many more by busting their ass and making good financial decisions.
Does option 4 include poverty wages? If not, then I already covered that in.option #1.

If it does, then you're making the argument that some jobs deserve to live in poverty. Like the guy that restocks shelves, cooks food at chain restaurants, cleans bathrooms, takes out our garbage, etc...

I never understood why the cafeteria lunch lady deserves to live in poverty. Please explain it to me in detail.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
I also think an IQ test as many don't bother to bring the kids up, & "dump" them on the teachers/states responsibility...

Over here we have the "welfare state"...which was created to help out those in short term hard times & those desperately in need...

Unfortunately & as is typical with humans...the system has been abused, & now we have had several generations of idle BVAs (breathing valuable air), just refusing to do work, having loads of kids, smoking, drinking & doing everything to play the systems & they sit back & end up being a drain on the free health care (NHS), all the time "earning" more per year in state hand-outs than I spend in a year!!.....& they get a house given too them.....

I don't mind helping those who genuinely need it, but many really are taking the mick!..

Why should I fund fuckwits?.....I hate it, bad enough the gov waste money on stupid vanity projects...
Based as fuck brother... great points(y)

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

All true, that's why I think we should require living wages and a time limit on benefits.

Let's also talk about all the welfare given to the wealthy and corporations. It's perverted the world economy by allowing them to take massive risks, reap the rewards when it pans out, and dump the liability on society when it doesn't. The government throws so much money at corporations, they're as big a drain as those taking advantage of welfare.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
I never understood why the cafeteria lunch lady deserves to live in poverty. Please explain it to me in detail.
Who said she lives in poverty? She gets paid for her work. Nobody's forcing her to keep that job, she can always find work that is higher in demand and thus more valuable. The beauty of this country is you can be whatever you want (an astronaut, a neurosurgeon, a teacher, a mechanic, whatever). Sure, some of these are harder to attain than others but not impossible.

The argument I'm making is to encourage this growth mindset, the "bust your ass and earn your way out of poverty" mentality.
All true, that's why I think we should require living wages and a time limit on benefits.

Let's also talk about all the welfare given to the wealthy and corporations. It's perverted the world economy by allowing them to take massive risks, reap the rewards when it pans out, and dump the liability on society when it doesn't. The government throws so much money at corporations, they're as big a drain as those taking advantage of welfare.
"time limit on benefits" based, I like that

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Ebay ad just below the rickybux post...appears to be for autographs. And they said my search history would mark me

Screenshot_20240203-163225.png

golfdave

Autocross Champion

Exactly...tax lot chase you down for a small amount, but I know a few multi-national financial corporation's that were in the press as the tax lot refused their money stating "you've already paid enough"...even though what they were paying they legitimately owed the tax man...

I don't mind certain tax beaks to help companies invest, but when the companies end being solely about making money only for the shareholders at the expense of the company doing its job 100% then I really hate it!!...

All of what were public owned utilities companies were sold off in the 80's 90's over here...& basically privatised....& they didn't make the investments they should have done in the infrastructure..& thats biting them on the ass right now..."we don't have the money".....yeah but you gave it all to the shareholders...

Much like the Horizon IT scandal........the Post Office & Fujitsu knew the software was FUBAR, & yet the purposely hounded people who complained, forced them to pay the "debts" themselves & anybody that publicly said the software was faulty they took to court & sued to protect the Post Office "image"....Fecking trumpism