GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Desperate Need For A Smoke Machine In The East Coast, Canada Wildfires Don't Suffice Anymore

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
anyone have anything else fun coming up besides gokarting and concerts? i may be in for a hike with my brother today so thats cool

My fun stuff is weeks away, but time is a slippery bastard.

Saturday is supposed to be warm so maybe I'll finally put on my snow winter tires. And maybe even finally put in the hatch pop kit. My parents came to visit this past weekend so I've been feeling a bit disrupted/over socialized, will be nice to get back to the routine.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
yeah post it in asspee's jordan peterson thread
How witty, hope you didn't hurt yourself thinking of that sick zinger. Definitely never heard that one before.
Who the heck are you? You just started posting one day as if you've been here all along. Makes me think you're someone who exited and has returned with a different name. Hi boosted!

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
place near work is offering hot cocoa flights so i might try that.

Boozy?

Sometimes I see interesting drink flights and I'm tempted, but I can't get past the fact that I know the employees absolutely hate them

cb1111

Damn....

With the way you blew up I'd have guessed you were Muslim.

I really didn't want to laugh at that........

......But you did!

I laughed so hard:ROFLMAO:

You really don't get it do you. I'm not oppressed. I don't want anyone making fun of any religion. All that a man has is what he believes in. The quickest way to cut him down is to start shaming them for their beliefs. I'm not forcing anything on anyone. You want to belive you turn into worm dirt at death, more bower to you. You want to believe that a spaghetti monster in the sky is coming to save you, Bon appetit. If Allah, Buda, or Jesus is your salvation then good for you. I really don't care what YOU believe in, just believe in something. All I ask is you give me the same respect I'm trying to give you. Quit trash talking peoples beliefs. That's all I'm asking.
Let me just wrap this up so that we can put it to bed.

Whenever we say anything, we have a chance of offending someone. If it is unintentional, then it should be laughed at or overlooked. It only really becomes an issue when done intentionally, like GTIfan did to prove this exact point - so gTIfan gets a pass on his last "joke" where he tried to offend as many religions as possible (he missed a few - was that intentional? Does that tell us what religion he really is?)

We tend to use references to religion in normal conversation and that means nothing. We have to be careful not to take those references too seriously. In my last post, I had initially typed "she needs to do PT religiously", but then changed that because I didn't want anyone to take that wrong given the other posts at the same time.

And herein lies the problem - that shouldn't be a problem in this forum unless it gets personal - and that is that society has become so touchy that everything seems to be an issue and contentious.

After 20 years in civil rights, I know it is OK to "let's go for a walk" with somebody in a chair - because the term doesn't literally mean "walking", but it means "moving around together" - unless you want to play the "I'm being picked on" card.

As far as religion is concerned, as a kid, we used to go to Sunday services at the post chapel, where the Catholic priest regularly made jokes about religion - a Catholic priest buried my dad at Arlington with the Masonic square and compass on his urn and the Rabbi on the base in Erbil, Iraq, scrounged MRIs from the Imam and the priest to cook up some evening meal - actually wasn't half bad. And that, IMO, is how we should approach religion in general - but certainly in this forum. I'd bet that most everyone, including nogod, agrees.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Boozy?

Sometimes I see interesting drink flights and I'm tempted, but I can't get past the fact that I know the employees absolutely hate them
yellow king.

like its legit hot cocoa, not alcohol mixed in

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
anyone have anything else fun coming up besides gokarting and concerts? i may be in for a hike with my brother today so thats cool
Hike sounds fun.

Just set up an alignment appointment for next week. Reputable shop (recommended by Dtfd).

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Let me just wrap this up so that we can put it to bed.

Whenever we say anything, we have a chance of offending someone. If it is unintentional, then it should be laughed at or overlooked. It only really becomes an issue when done intentionally, like GTIfan did to prove this exact point - so gTIfan gets a pass on his last "joke" where he tried to offend as many religions as possible (he missed a few - was that intentional? Does that tell us what religion he really is?)

We tend to use references to religion in normal conversation and that means nothing. We have to be careful not to take those references too seriously. In my last post, I had initially typed "she needs to do PT religiously", but then changed that because I didn't want anyone to take that wrong given the other posts at the same time.

And herein lies the problem - that shouldn't be a problem in this forum unless it gets personal - and that is that society has become so touchy that everything seems to be an issue and contentious.

After 20 years in civil rights, I know it is OK to "let's go for a walk" with somebody in a chair - because the term doesn't literally mean "walking", but it means "moving around together" - unless you want to play the "I'm being picked on" card.

As far as religion is concerned, as a kid, we used to go to Sunday services at the post chapel, where the Catholic priest regularly made jokes about religion - a Catholic priest buried my dad at Arlington with the Masonic square and compass on his urn and the Rabbi on the base in Erbil, Iraq, scrounged MRIs from the Imam and the priest to cook up some evening meal - actually wasn't half bad. And that, IMO, is how we should approach religion in general - but certainly in this forum. I'd bet that most everyone, including nogod, agrees.
This is actually a really good response. Did I over react to some comments, yes. Was some comments borderline over the line, yes. At the end of the day I'll have to take it as a grain of salt. I apologize for the massive derailment of the thread. Back to our regularly scheduled shenanigans.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Fastrack?

They're awesome. Mod friendly, they know their shit, apparently the owner is also an instructor at palmer.
Yessir! Fast booking too... most places will tell you that they can do an alignment in 2+ weeks... for these guys, as soon as Monday 🔥

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
I'm gonna try red harness belts with the GTI, because I didn't want to spend the money on a two door seatbelt receiver and the four door with the Corbeaus scares me. Schroth Rallye3, I like it for AX in my Mazda3 and not having to run a cage is nice. Just ordered one for now, if I like it I'll get one for the passenger's side as well.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
why? As a fellow CT guy I know it's only a few weeks till spring starts. I do mine from Turkey day to St Pats +/-

Yeah, you're right, idfk. Maybe to make myself feel better about having procrastinated for two months? Plus to me it feels like the seasons have moved and instead of having winter Dec to March we're getting "winter" from Jan to April. I think the last real winter we had was like 2018.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Also CSB, a printer our team has been trying fo figure out for MONTHS is finally getting somewhere. Short version, there's an auger that's running in the wrong direction and causing toner to travel upward into the cartridge instead of downward, but everything I can see is connected correctly and I don't see anything that looks like it would be running the auger in the opposite direction. Working with the HP engineers now, so hopefully something comes of it.