GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Desperate Need For A Smoke Machine In The East Coast, Canada Wildfires Don't Suffice Anymore

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
50 bucks I'm never getting back🥸

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
CSB its 2:01am and I just finished my work in the garage... tired is an understatement.
Started itching my hair a bit as I was typing this and noticed I have rocks and dirt in there that got there when I was under the car... what the faaa... now I gotta shower :/

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
CSB its 2:01am and I just finished my work in the garage... tired is an understatement.
Started itching my hair a bit as I was typing this and noticed I have rocks and dirt in there that got there when I was under the car... what the faaa... now I gotta shower :/
this happens to me every time I to anywhere near the garage. Like, I put one foot in to tap the remote before leaving, and BAM somehow there's gravel in my hair and sawdust all over me. I don't get it.

was this the subframe and whatnot? What all did you do?

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
this happens to me every time I to anywhere near the garage. Like, I put one foot in to tap the remote before leaving, and BAM somehow there's gravel in my hair and sawdust all over me. I don't get it.

was this the subframe and whatnot? What all did you do?
Subframe was already on from yesterday.
All I was doing is the endlinks and adjusting them (must be done at ride height) so I took the bumper off for easy access thru the front.
I also replaced the bumper side plastics and had planned to do the skid plate but I was just so tired.
It just took a long ass time. I started at around 12:10 and ended around 2am

5hrs of sleep later and my eyes are on fiiiiire😐🥸😵‍💫
Fuck it we ball

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Subframe was already on from yesterday.
All I was doing is the endlinks and adjusting them (must be done at ride height) so I took the bumper off for easy access thru the front.
I also replaced the bumper side plastics and had planned to do the skid plate but I was just so tired.
It just took a long ass time. I started at around 12:10 and ended around 2am

5hrs of sleep later and my eyes are on fiiiiire😐🥸😵‍💫
Fuck it we ball
Makes sense. I have a series of pressure treated 2x10s stacked and deck screwed together for jobs where I need the suspension loaded so that I can still get under the car, which also makes it convenient to get under the car for oil changes and whatnot. I wouldn't normally use wood to hold up the weight of a vehicle, but in this instance there's no voids or anything, and they're highly unlikely to have issues. Only downside is they're pretty heavy to move around, but w/e I should get some exercise

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Did you put some chocking 2x1s or w/e at the ends of your rectangle so that the car is harder to roll off your 2x10s and collect that juicy life insurance payout potentially kill you?

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Did you put some chocking 2x1s or w/e at the ends of your rectangle so that the car is harder to roll off your 2x10s and collect that juicy life insurance payout potentially kill you?
Yeah, I have a little chunk at the end that was scrap that's screwed to it, so the car shouldn't be so ready to fall off the front. My wife already has the life insurance thing figured out though, she's been fattening me up so I'll die AFTER our house is mostly paid off, so she and our cat can run off to Hawaii.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Life insurance CSB:

get home one day and Mrs Mud asks "How much life insurance do you have?"

me "Not enough to hire a handyman"

still not dead so victory?
This is how I justified buying tools for an outside light change:

Ladder we already own: free
Bulbs we already own: free
Hospital trip after I fall off of the ladder: $10,000 (rough)
Years of therapy for my trauma (I'm already afraid of heights): $100,000
Hire a handyman to get up on a ladder and change the bulb: $60

VERSUS

11 foot lightbulb changing pole made of magic and safety: $20

needless to say we got the pole and the light works again, and it was far cheaper than using the stuff we already owned.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Makes sense. I have a series of pressure treated 2x10s stacked and deck screwed together for jobs where I need the suspension loaded so that I can still get under the car, which also makes it convenient to get under the car for oil changes and whatnot. I wouldn't normally use wood to hold up the weight of a vehicle, but in this instance there's no voids or anything, and they're highly unlikely to have issues. Only downside is they're pretty heavy to move around, but w/e I should get some exercise
I definitely need to make something similar. How do you let the wheels turn freely on the wood? Masonite?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I definitely need to make something similar. How do you let the wheels turn freely on the wood? Masonite?

I use kids placemats

IMG_1828.png