GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Desperate Need For A Smoke Machine In The East Coast, Canada Wildfires Don't Suffice Anymore

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Clipped_image_20240220_185448.png

riceburner

Autocross Champion
all gti's wobble at highway speed right? amirite?

god those wheels are bad. worse than the 5 6 and 7 factory wheels combined

otherwise i feel like a total simp saying this but fuck the mk8 finally grew on me and now i think it looks good lol

riceburner

Autocross Champion
ps i cant tell is it a base or se? leather seats? fag lights? i do see its a slicktop

riceburner

Autocross Champion
pps don't forget how remarkably easy it is to ceramic coat a new car. you are welcome

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
friend is in a local band. Mrs Mud says she wants to go see him play in April at local coffee house (she rarely initiates shows).

Me: OK
Her (the next day): "there are only 33 tix left"
Me: "?!"

later that afternoon I go online and score tix. Seating capacity 35.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
ps i cant tell is it a base or se? leather seats? fag lights? i do see its a slicktop
I think those have RGB natively, b&

also @toothofwar what are the specs on those 18x9s? I was looking at a set of 18x9 flow one f1s (basically what I have on the car now but wider) and it sounded like I would run into issues with rubbing on the fuel filler neck.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
I think those have RGB natively, b&

also @toothofwar what are the specs on those 18x9s? I was looking at a set of 18x9 flow one f1s (basically what I have on the car now but wider) and it sounded like I would run into issues with rubbing on the fuel filler neck.
Both the f1s and f5s I had on the car wad 18x9 et 45 with a 255/35r18 indy 500 tire. I think the fill neck is slightly different from r to gti.i was stock height and did the fender screw mod. No rubbing after that.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Both the f1s and f5s I had on the car wad 18x9 et 45 with a 255/35r18 indy 500 tire. I think the fill neck is slightly different from r to gti.i was stock height and did the fender screw mod. No rubbing after that.
ohhhhhhh that's right, nevermind then. Well, that saves me a couple hundred bucks haha. I went 18x8 because it was cheap and I like the wheels, but I wish I had gone wider. Oh well, 235s will probably be a-okay for what I want.

also very agree on the EV thing, to be 'just a car' they're fantastic. Hopefully infrastructure improves and makes it more feasible for longer trips, but even just as a 'city' car they're a sensible option. I feel like everybody's doing red SUV/crossover things lately. BRING BACK YELLOW (even though it seems Chevy is bringing 90's teal back which I'm alright with too)