GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Desperate Need For A Smoke Machine In The East Coast, Canada Wildfires Don't Suffice Anymore

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Happy Sandwich Day bros

When I was thirty, I met a Brazilian woman named Michelle. She had massive tits, a relatively pretty face, a forehead that was too big and a c-section scar above her vag. She also had a bunch of tattoos and believed in some sort of demonic angel religion. But man, those tits. Anyway, she was a waitress at a strip club in New Jersey; she came to America illegally - some dyke from Toronto appeared at this strip club, fell in love and offered to marry Michelle so that she "could help her out" and get Canadian papers. Michelle followed through for the promise of giving her daughter, who was still in Brazil, with her mother, a better life. I met Michelle at a bar called "resposado". We hit it off, made out in the bathroom and went on a date the next night. We got tipsy - I drove a supercharged Acura CSX Type-S at the time; Michelle made comments about the blower; later that night she also became a blower. We fucked a few times in my condo in the next couple of weeks, and one night, she invited me over for a threesome with her dyke wife. I knew that this was bad news, but man, those tits. I came over and entered a scene with these two broads dildoing each other - my kind of night. I tried to get involved a few times but the dyke wife would not let me, and told me to go sit on the chair opposite of the bed and masturbate. I did. But not for long. I got upset rather quickly that I couldn't participate; Michelle said sorry. I said that's ok. I got up and went to the fridge. I made myself a sandwich with prosciutto, philadelphia cream cheese and avocado. The bread was wondrebread, which was shit and ruined the sandwich for me. I went back to the chair, ate the sandwich while these two dildoed each other. At one point Michelle was bent over and I put my thumb in her ass with my left hand while I ate the sandwich with the right. I left shortly thereafter. The next morning I wrote my GMAT and got a 720. I met up with Michelle a few times more and we fell out of touch. She wasn't too into anal, and well, that's a no go for me, but man, those tits. Sandwiches.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
IDK about regular vs wtty rate but believe they are different. Think insurance, there are big swings in what they pay for things vs what we pay.

CSB. When I had a F150 with cracked windshield years ago I went to chain shop and was told $350.
Me...I don't have that much
Them...you don't have insurance?
Me....no
Them...OK then it's $100

today it's the consumer that gets the big price

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
there are wildly different pay rates for the tech too on warranty vs customer pay.

like one job will pay 4 hours at Customer Pay, while if its coded as warranty it'll only pay like 1.8.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
there are wildly different pay rates for the tech too on warranty vs customer pay.

like one job will pay 4 hours at Customer Pay, while if its coded as warranty it'll only pay like 1.8.
Hint: the warranty hours are how long it actually takes 😜

Reason 47 why dealerships suck

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Hint: the warranty hours are how long it actually takes 😜

Reason 47 why dealerships suck

As much as I like the guy, @mwoodski is a dealer bootlicker. He's on their side, not ours.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
They make significantly more profit off self pay vs warranty work.
I'm aware of that, my point is why are consumers so cucked that when a dealer says lol no we wouldn't warranty that for you they just then pay that same dealer a lot of money. They wouldn't be pulling that sort of thing if most people then told them to fuck off and went to an indie garage or other dealer.

"LOL no we wouldn't help you" = not a single fucking dime from me in the future.

cb1111

I never understood why a dealership wouldn't want a help you with getting a warranty claim through. They're still getting paid for those.

Are people out there really just going "okay" and paying the insane dealership rates at the same dealership that just didn't want to help you with a warranty claim?

In my cases, VW was pretty reasonable and warrantied the work. I'd venture to guess they wouldn't have been as magnanimous if I'd melted a piston or had crack walk.
Crack walk? Is that where you go to the red light district to buy crack?
They make significantly more profit off self pay vs warranty work.

Still getting paid, but by "the mothership"
If the mothership can make fine print to save money, they will.

Yup, I dunno what it's like for car dealers, but I got a buddy at another boat dealer and they just dumped an entire line because of their warranty pay. They have like a $195 labor rate, but the manufacturers warranty rate is only $85. The hourly pay is usually less and so is the amount of hours they'll pay you back for.

It is far more than the hourly rate or the reimbursement for the work.

VW (and most other manufacturers) will periodically ask to get the damaged parts back - especially in cases where there is a rash of failures (to see what went wrong) or when a failure is normally associated with some sort of a mod.

If the manufacturer gets the failed part back and determines that it may have been caused by a mod, then they will deny the claim and claw any reimbursement back from the dealer.

That's why some dealers will deny most any warranty claim on a modded car - "you have aftermarket tire valve stem caps, your entire warranty is voided now."

Back in the MkV days, we played "six degrees of Kevin Bacon" on VWVortex - connecting any mod to any failure - including those aftermarket tire caps to an engine failure.

Like GTIfan and others have said, most dealers are reasonable and will look at the mod and realistically determine if that mod had an effect on the failure. That's also why I always am upfront about my mods and explain to the service advisor why the mod didn't contribute to the failure.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Prices are also crazy different between private and public construction.

Doing a cost estimate currently for turning a 2700 SF auto shop into a facility for a public agency. Despite my best efforts, it is 'not expensive enough' yet at nearly $1,000,000. We are aiming for ~$1.3M. For like flooring, drywall, window walls, some new plumbing lighting etc. But I mean, if you were just a shop owner I bet this would be like ~$250k to do the same thing lol

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Prices are also crazy different between private and public construction.

Doing a cost estimate currently for turning a 2700 SF auto shop into a facility for a public agency. Despite my best efforts, it is 'not expensive enough' yet at nearly $1,000,000. We are aiming for ~$1.3M. For like flooring, drywall, window walls, some new plumbing lighting etc. But I mean, if you were just a shop owner I bet this would be like ~$250k to do the same thing lol
The leaky bucket of government strikes again.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
oh yes indeed. Lots of hands in the cookie jar

riceburner

Autocross Champion

CSB3: Forum Congratulates Matto And His Boyfriend On Their New Minivan​

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
I forgot that I printed all my maintenance records for my mk7 and put them in the glove box along with a nice note to the next owner before I traded it in. I hope it gives the next owner some peace of mind and some good vibes 🥰🥰. I hope to see it around town soon.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
I forgot that I printed all my maintenance records for my mk7 and put them in the glove box along with a nice note to the next owner before I traded it in. I hope it gives the next owner some peace of mind and some good vibes 🥰🥰. I hope to see it around town soon.
I've got all 1,984 pages of the Bentley manual printed and put into nice sleeves, in individual binders by sections. I'm trying to determine the best home for it, because it's fantastic if you're going to work on a mk4 in an environment where you don't want to get grease/dirt/etc on a keyboard and need to look something up. I don't want to just list it for free on marketplace because I feel like some crackhead will nab it up just to try to resell it.

also, pastrami and provolone with onion on the holiest of days, sandwich day