GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Forum Boomers Attempt To Decipher Gen Z Mad Libs

riceburner

Autocross Champion
i'm not sure if 'no hesi' is a cool kid term or just that cool assetto corsa highway racing game.

like 'oh, man i'd suck a fart out of her ass, no hesi' sounds like legit thing a kid would say these days

riceburner

Autocross Champion
the fuck is this and how do i apply
1710339523826.png

riceburner

Autocross Champion

CSB3: Poor Wagoneer Puts Truck Bros Next On The Chopping Block, 72.15% Of Carbros Don't Unmod Their Car Before Dumping It At Dealer On Bald Tires SMH​

toothofwar

Autocross Champion

CSB3: Poor Wagoneer Puts Truck Bros Next On The Chopping Block, 72.15% Of Carbros Don't Unmod Their Car Before Dumping It At Dealer On Bald Tires SMH​

Hey! I resemble that remark!!!

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
So, I have this week off. Today I had a half dollar chunk of flesh cut off my back.(pre cancerous). So now my right arm and back are all numb. Don't trust myself driving, so riding around with the wife. Kinda dreading the numbing stuff wearing off. Luckily going home and kicking back for the rest of the day.

riceburner

Autocross Champion

cb1111

Gross

My new boss encouraged me to get a reasonable accommodation submitted so I don’t have to ever again.

New job is baller.
GTIfan can write you a report validating that you came to him 30 years ago complaining of a hangnail and therefore can't go to the office.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
GTIfan can write you a report validating that you came to him 30 years ago complaining of a hangnail and therefore can't go to the office.

Can’t tell if mocking me or trying to be helpful.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

cb1111

Can’t tell if mocking me or trying to be helpful.
Mocking the guy who went to GTIfan....

In order to be helpful, I would suggest (and I did Return to Office and exemptions) last year, a multi step strategy

Be able to clearly state why the job can be done remotely. You may not need to, but be ready to.
Identify barriers for you to physically go to the office regularly (PTSD/air quality in building/sitting in long commute/medications etc. - identifying things that are personal to you. Example - while air quality may affect everyone, it may affect you differently due to a pre-existing medical condition and so forth. Sitting in traffic may aggravate a back injury. Some medications may affect your ability to drive, but won't affect job performance. We had one person who would drive to work, take pain meds and wait for them to wear off until they drove back home - while being in pain during their commute - they were a great performer and performance increased when working remotely.

The air quality thing is interesting. empty buildings don't age well, filters aren't changed as required and nasty stuff grows in strange places. Those things affect people differently. In my building, my allergies would go nuts at 1400 - when a certain AC unit kicked in. When I complained, they did an air quality test (at 10am) and the system passed. Once I had narrowed down the "it starts at 1400", they did another test and found that the AC unit that started then, sucked in air from some sort of an overflow for the fire suppression system and that overflow was all crudded up. It didn't bother most people, but drove my nose nuts - by 1300 I felt like I had a raging cold that cleared up as soon as I walked out of the building.

These are things under the Americans with Disabilities Act and telework/remote work falls under reasonable accommodation - assuming that you can show that the job can be done with that accommodation.

Feel free to ping me if you want.