GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Forum Boomers Attempt To Decipher Gen Z Mad Libs

Corprin

Autocross Champion
uhm so is corprin getting a mk8 now or what?

Nope. Bought a JDM import in the fall, it’s in winter storage with the Tacoma. Needed a good winter vehicle my folks could road trip with in the summers. Kicked around the idea of a minivan, so wife traded her Alltrack on a 2019 R 6spd. So I bought a 2016 Sienna. GTI had no use, was offered $21k in December on trade, booed it out. Local VW dealer called asking if I wanted to sell. Said $25,500 and I’d drive it up. Based on tire wear (5/32) they wouldn’t be able to CPO without tires. They came back with $25k. Drove up, sold the car, walked out with $25k check and a Lyft home on them.

I paid $28k for the GTI with the dealer add-ons.

I’m happy.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Nope. Bought a JDM import in the fall, it’s in winter storage with the Tacoma. Needed a good winter vehicle my folks could road trip with in the summers. Kicked around the idea of a minivan, so wife traded her Alltrack on a 2019 R 6spd. So I bought a 2016 Sienna. GTI had no use, was offered $21k in December on trade, booed it out. Local VW dealer called asking if I wanted to sell. Said $25,500 and I’d drive it up. Based on tire wear (5/32) they wouldn’t be able to CPO without tires. They came back with $25k. Drove up, sold the car, walked out with $25k check and a Lyft home on them.

I paid $28k for the GTI with the dealer add-ons.

I’m happy.
super decent actually. nice man! what jdm did you get again?

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
20240314_125338.jpg
20240314_125348.jpg

Test drove a CPO 20th anniversary R with 5k miles on it today. This thing is so much fun!!! But, 43k for a used one when a new 24 is 47k is not quite in my price range.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Ahh nice

riceburner

Autocross Champion
i love having sunroofs

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

Acadia18

Autocross Champion