GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Forum Boomers Attempt To Decipher Gen Z Mad Libs

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Feel bad for all the dummies who take these long ass, car notes now that interest rates are so unfavorable.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Happi pi day everyone!

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Feel bad for all the dummies who take these long ass, car notes now that interest rates are so unfavorable.
dancing around rule 2, it's definitely not a great time to need to buy a car. I feel like I see a TON of new cars on the road, seems like prices are at least starting to come back down. Our 2020 CX5 is about as loaded as can be, had ~15k miles on the odometer and we came in at 24k out the door. Not bad for what I wanted.

with a very favorable credit score I was still getting loan offers with double digit interest rates... went with our credit union's financing and was able to hang around 6% so that was pretty good all things considered. The loan's for 60 months (the longest I'll ever do) but we should be able to pay it off in ~30, I like having the buffer though in case something were to come up.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

You mean taking out a loan for 120 months at 23.99% for a new Hellcat isn't a good idea??!

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
You mean taking out a loan for 120 months at 23.99% for a new Hellcat isn't a good idea??!
It's insane what kids these days have access to, in terms of hrsprs. Like, I was a child with an 8v Golf that was double digit horsepower club material. Grandma's Camry makes 300hp. If I had the kinds of power available for cheap when I was a kid, I'd be dead.

worst thing is, it's too believable that a young person will beat the odds and be profitable as an influencer/youtube/tiktok/instagram star, and so they all seem to think that's a viable solution. I just hope for their sake that they build good skillsets along the way, because you always have to have a backup plan. Just like what sports used to be.

Salami

Autocross Champion
View attachment 300849View attachment 300850

Test drove a CPO 20th anniversary R with 5k miles on it today. This thing is so much fun!!! But, 43k for a used one when a new 24 is 47k is not quite in my price range.
But can you get a 24 at MSRP? From what I hear many dealers are still asking sizable ADMs.
Plus the 20th gets you no sunroof which is a major bonus.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
I like the pano in the tiguan, but a golf I don't want one.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
yeah BUT when it's someone else's money you can do dumb shit just for funsies

I'm a poor so I'd do half in savings, half to the car -- but I get the sense you're probably better set up, so maybe adjust that ratio a bit. Definitely spend some (but not all) on hobbies.
Supercharger on a Tacoma is not even fun. It adds like 40hp which is nothing.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
CSB: flashed my new tune since I installed stratified aux fuel kit
Forgot to drive 40 miles before datalogging (prob doesnt matter anyway)
Got on highway and third gear, floored it at 2500 and went nowhere
No boost afterward... so now I have a naturally aspirated car
Probably a boost leak, but sending logs to ma tuner rn.

Munchin and watchin the new slvsh cup game

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
For new cars, they're buying down the rates bigly. VW has like 4.9% on the GTI and 1.9% on SUVs. Hell even 0% on the Tiguan right now.