GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Desperate Need For A Smoke Machine In The East Coast, Canada Wildfires Don't Suffice Anymore

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Dropped a wheel on my head at 8am off my overhead storage rack. Though I just bumped my noggin until I sat down, and had blood pouring down my face.

Don't think it's bad enough to require er\stitches. Have some butterfly closure strips holding it shut and bandages on it. Hopefully that stops the bleeding.

Wife refused to take a picture of me with my face covered in blood looking like I got murdered.
God damn!

You better get to the medical tent, you're in the concussion protocol.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Jesus. Glad it wasn’t worse…

Yep. Wife called down asking if I was ok after my first "Ah fuck!" right when it happened. Said yeah. Moments later said "Actually no. But don't be alarmed..." because literally, that whole side of my face was covered in blood. Went upstairs. Daughter started crying.

"OH MY GOD GRAB YOUR STUFF WE NEED TO GO TO THE ER!!"....

"Woah, woah, woah, lets take a step back, clean this up and assess first."

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
God damn!

You better get to the medical tent, you're in the concussion protocol.

I can guarantee you my wife is on the couch right now furiously Googling "signs of a concussion"...

She's the kind of person who will go "My leg hurts and I think it looks red and online it said it could be a blood clot which can travel to my heart and kill me, I need to go to the ER..." (actual story, leg was fine... after sitting in the ER for 9 hours).

I'm more the "Unless I'm actively dying, it's not an emergency" kinda person.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
You seem pretty coherent, I think you can stay in the game.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Dropped a wheel on my head at 8am off my overhead storage rack. Though I just bumped my noggin until I sat down, and had blood pouring down my face.

Don't think it's bad enough to require er\stitches. Have some butterfly closure strips holding it shut and bandages on it. Hopefully that stops the bleeding.

Wife refused to take a picture of me with my face covered in blood looking like I got murdered.
Shouldn't there be a shoe on your head or something? There are rules here sir.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Shouldn't there be a shoe on your head or something? There are rules here sir.

I took it off because I don't want the gaping wound to get infected.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
An ER trip isn't off the table yet though. Mostly only if I can't stop the bleeding, which hasn't happened yet. I shaved back a little bit of my hair so I could attached the butterfly closure strips and bandaids better. Not sure how long to give it before I throw in the towel?

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
An ER trip isn't off the table yet though. Mostly only if I can't stop the bleeding, which hasn't happened yet. I shaved back a little bit of my hair so I could attached the butterfly closure strips and bandaids better. Not sure how long to give it before I throw in the towel?
I feel like urgent care is the way to go here. Less wait time, less expensive and they should be able to do stitches if it's needed, but will tell you if gauze or butterfly strips are good enough.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
I feel like urgent care is the way to go here. Less wait time, less expensive and they should be able to do stitches if it's needed, but will tell you if gauze or butterfly strips are good enough.

Good call.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
You’ll need to apply a tourniquet to stop the bleeding first.

Best place for application? Around the neck seems the most logical?