GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Rice Buys A Minivan

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
CSB: Middle school track meet got cancelled a few minutes before I showed up to the school. Went to coach the HS meet instead, which was sick. My brother put down a great high jump performance, qualifying himself for the state meet. Also one of the seniors broke the pole vault school record (big deal). Gonna celebrate it tmrw with burgers... prideburgers.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
I can't stand chrome on any PC 🤮
ftfy

cheap home printers are such fucking bullshit
inkjet is the devil, everything important at the hospital is done via laser. They're HP which are known to be less than fantastic for consumers, BUT they're still far better than the inkjet stuff.

Laser is slowly getting infected with similar nonsense so do your homework, but overall you're mainly replacing toner once in a decade and maybe rollers/the fuser. EZPZ.

Also if you print fairly regularly you can prevent the inkjet nozzles from drying out and that helps a bit

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
CSB: Middle school track meet got cancelled a few minutes before I showed up to the school. Went to coach the HS meet instead, which was sick. My brother put down a great high jump performance, qualifying himself for the state meet. Also one of the seniors broke the pole vault school record (big deal). Gonna celebrate it tmrw with burgers... prideburgers.
I'm gonna ask about prideburgers... are they burgers eaten with pride, or like burgers with rainbow ketchup a la
1712920668724.png

pizza and beer last night so I didn't bother weighing in today, but it's been so long since I've had pizza and even though it wasn't amazing it was still delicious

Last edited:

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
I'm gonna ask about prideburgers... are they burgers eaten with pride, or like burgers with rainbow ketchup a la
It's a tradition we have where we go for burgers after/day after a meet. You've either got a prideburger for a new personal best/reaching a milestone, or you get a shameburger for having a bad performance.
It's all fun n games.
Likely will go to 5 guys.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
inkjet is the devil, everything important at the hospital is done via laser. They're HP which are known to be less than fantastic for consumers, BUT they're still far better than the inkjet stuff.

Laser is slowly getting infected with similar nonsense so do your homework, but overall you're mainly replacing toner once in a decade and maybe rollers/the fuser. EZPZ.

Also if you print fairly regularly you can prevent the inkjet nozzles from drying out and that helps a bit
I've had pretty good luck with the brother inkjet I use at work. I have to use an inkjet though. For the boat shows I need to print out signs and if I use anything other than an inkjet the ink on my signs start to fade from the sun before the show is over.

The aftermarket inks I've used don't give me too many problems either, except they always make the printer think they're out of ink when there's still like a quarter of the ink left.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
It's a tradition we have where we go for burgers after/day after a meet. You've either got a prideburger for a new personal best/reaching a milestone, or you get a shameburger for having a bad performance.
It's all fun n games.
Likely will go to 5 guys.
That's rad, I'm for it. We do something a little similar, I always get wings after autocross, though one time in particular when I was faster than the friend who got me into the sport (very similar cars, same day/course) it was victory salmon.

5 Guys is delicious

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
I've had pretty good luck with the brother inkjet I use at work. I have to use an inkjet though. For the boat shows I need to print out signs and if I use anything other than an inkjet the ink on my signs start to fade from the sun before the show is over.

The aftermarket inks I've used don't give me too many problems either, except they always make the printer think they're out of ink when there's still like a quarter of the ink left.
Yeah, if you're printing regularly inkjets aren't too awful. But if you let them sit for too long, the nozzles will clog and then you get shitty print quality and all sorts of weird behavior.

cb1111

Yes, but color laser printers are still pretty expensive and you can forget about scanning.

I have a fairly ancient HP 8620 all-in-one that works well IF (like you said), it is used regularly. I also have a canon G7020 that uses just ink bottles, but it can't scan without jamming and feels flimsy - but prints nicely.

The shenanigans that the printer manufacturers are pulling are just outrageous - especially HP.

But then again, anything that HP touches goes straight down the toilet. Now that they've bought Poly, that is going the same way.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yes, but color laser printers are still pretty expensive and you can forget about scanning.

I have a fairly ancient HP 8620 all-in-one that works well IF (like you said), it is used regularly. I also have a canon G7020 that uses just ink bottles, but it can't scan without jamming and feels flimsy - but prints nicely.

The shenanigans that the printer manufacturers are pulling are just outrageous - especially HP.

But then again, anything that HP touches goes straight down the toilet. Now that they've bought Poly, that is going the same way.
My 8620 is solid. Had it forever.

cb1111

Sorry. I just had to post this - as an example of how our use of common language has changed. I remember when "gay" meant "happy" and "proud" meant "proud"

1712929562419.png