GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Desperate Need For A Smoke Machine In The East Coast, Canada Wildfires Don't Suffice Anymore

GolNat

Autocross Champion
What’s on deck for lunch, bros? I have some mahi burgers to stink up the house.

I was planning on Taco Bell but my local one is trash and doesn’t open till 12 apparently.

Heading up north for Craigslist stuff so I’ll make a detour to TB.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

riceburner

Autocross Champion
can't shitpost much today. trying to balance out a $7.3m project

riceburner

Autocross Champion
as always... all i want is 1%!!

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Budgeting is fun, I've got an excel spreadsheet with all my paychecks mapped out and planned through 2030. Wife and I are both paying our cars off this month, then it's paying off the retaining wall. Somewhere in there I'm gonna get my fancy downpipe, and start actually considering how far I want to go with this car/what my end goals are.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
So someone moved in to the house across the street from me. Not the rat house or the house that caught on fire, those are still a mess. This was across the street. They were moving in the other night, and this was the only car parked outside at like 9:30 at night.

1681314434182.png

I was kinda excited that they were a car enthusiast (and still German at least), and wouldn't look at me like I was crazy or make off-handed comments about all the time I spend working\cleaning on my car (last guy who owned the house once quipped "If you worked on your house as much as you worked on your car, it'd be worth a million bucks! Hyuck hyuch hyuch!")

The car left a bit later and they haven't been back, so I assume it was just a friend helping him move in. Kid (and I mean kid, he looks like he's like 16) drives a pickup.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Budgeting is fun, I've got an excel spreadsheet with all my paychecks mapped out and planned through 2030. Wife and I are both paying our cars off this month, then it's paying off the retaining wall. Somewhere in there I'm gonna get my fancy downpipe, and start actually considering how far I want to go with this car/what my end goals are.

Believe Rice tried that, but never stuck to it. Or maybe I'm mis-remembering lol.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
nice! i too have the next 5 years planned down to the gnat's ass with paychecks, bills, etc. i shared a spreadsheet with a few on here looking to simplify their lives a bit if its hard to track bills and map out their cashflow.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Believe Rice tried that, but never stuck to it. Or maybe I'm mis-remembering lol.
mis-remembering, i still got it! works a charm once i got it dialed in a few years back.

not that i'm very good with money once the bills are paid lol.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
So someone moved in to the house across the street from me. Not the rat house or the house that caught on fire, those are still a mess. This was across the street. They were moving in the other night, and this was the only car parked outside at like 9:30 at night.

View attachment 278137

I was kinda excited that they were a car enthusiast (and still German at least), and wouldn't look at me like I was crazy or make off-handed comments about all the time I spend working\cleaning on my car (last guy who owned the house once quipped "If you worked on your house as much as you worked on your car, it'd be worth a million bucks! Hyuck hyuch hyuch!")

The car left a bit later and they haven't been back, so I assume it was just a friend helping him move in. Kid (and I mean kid, he looks like he's like 16) drives a pickup.
I'd say this almost further ensures that to a degree that the person moving in is at least somewhat mechanically inclined. If you're young I feel you're more likely to not have the money to pay someone to fix your shit, and it doesn't hurt so bad trying to roll around on the garage floor and fight with rusty shit. Hopefully they're the good kind of car neighbor.

mis-remembering, i still got it! works a charm once i got it dialed in a few years back.

not that i'm very good with money once the bills are paid lol.

getting the bills paid is the major thing, IMO. I don't have money to invest or anything wild like that, but I've got a bit of a safety net, my bills are paid, and I spend my remaining money living a life that I'm satisfied with. You don't get a high score at the end, it's all about what you do between the start and the finish.