GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Spammers Selling Anti-Spam Solutions, Riceburner Perma-Banned Finally

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
It's been nice knowing you guys. I think I'm marked for death. Wife and I were driving down the road and a tree fell and hit her car. I caught it out of the corning of my eye and swerved, avoiding the worst of it, but I've seen Final Destination, so....

@mrmatto already called dibs on parting out of my GTI if I die, so keep you grubby hands off my sexy Mishimoto IC.

Last edited:

Salami

Autocross Champion
It's been nice knowing you guys. I think I'm marked for death. Wife and I were driving down the road and a tree fell and hit her car. I caught it out of the corning of my eye and swerved, avoiding the worst of it, but I've seen Final Destruction, so....

@mrmatto already called dibs on parting out of my GTI if I die, so keep you grubby hands off my sexy Mishimoto IC.
Are you both okay? What happened to the car?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
That’s some Florida shit

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Are you both okay? What happened to the car?
We weren't injured, when outer branches started hiting, I was already in full autocross mode, slaloming into the turn lane, scratches and a few dents, hood, a pillar, rear door, then a solid part of the tree caught up with the right rear quarter and bumper. Took a chunk out of the wheel too. Ended to driving over part of the tree with the right rear wheel. Bumpy ride.
I hate to say Zrickety was right, but the tree fell from a synagogue parking lot, so I'm pretty sure it was Jewish space lasers.

We were in the Subaru, so at least it wasn't the GTI, at least until fate catches up.

Last edited:

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Ever since Hurricane Ian I feel like every major rain storm causes additional problems when normally a storm like that is no problem for us.

That wind we had saturday morning was pretty nuts. There was a tornado with 100+ mph winds that fucked some shit up not too far from me, it lifted boats and cars.

My buddy's place had no power pretty much all day yesterday. It was almost 12 hours of no power on a sunday. That's not the first time a rain storm has knocked out his power recently too. He didn't have problems like this before Ian.

torga

Autocross Champion
daammmnnn, glad y'all are fine. that's some luck

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I went back and watched a couple videos of myself in AX, and found a bunch of stuff to work on. More than likely I'll go home tonight, fire up the simrig a little, and see if I can consistently get under 2:00 in a MS3 -- my setup isn't very good, so that's been kind of my target time knowing that the wheel and pedals don't provide me as much feedback as I'd like. I forget what my PB is offhand, but either way it's a fun time and might help me get my edge back a little before our mid-May event.
Do you do iracing? I'd love to get some OT races going.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Do you do iracing? I'd love to get some OT races going.
I might have to look into it, tbh right now the extent of it is a G25 on a cheap stand and a couch that's entirely too firm/uncomfortable. Our biggest sin is probably that we use it for FM7, when we have people over we like to have someone pick a car, then we all try to put down competitive laps in it and have adult beverages.

then someone introduced the 'airbag' idea, in which when you really fuck up somebody will sneak up from behind and smack you in the face with a throw pillow

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I might have to look into it, tbh right now the extent of it is a G25 on a cheap stand and a couch that's entirely too firm/uncomfortable. Our biggest sin is probably that we use it for FM7, when we have people over we like to have someone pick a car, then we all try to put down competitive laps in it and have adult beverages.

then someone introduced the 'airbag' idea, in which when you really fuck up somebody will sneak up from behind and smack you in the face with a throw pillow
That actually sounds more fun than running public races on iracing.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
That actually sounds more fun than running public races on iracing.
I'm intimidated by the simracing subreddit's stories -- like, I don't want to get bodied by some n00b who decides to use me as the brakes, PIT maneuver me, etc. I play FH5 for funsies and do alright there as far as team lobby races go, but in FM7 I highly prefer time attack-style runs where we don't have to deal with traffic. But yeah, simracing parties are fun, I wish FM7 had Tsukuba and I really hope the next iteration includes the mk7 GTI/R (likely, FH5 has it) alongside the MS3 (unlikely, it was in FH3 IIRC but removed from FH4/5).

Either way, I might give iRacing a shot, once I figure out setting up the wheel. Ultimately though I don't get to it as much as I probably should if I wanted to git gud, ultimately though I'm a very casual racer and just trying to win some pasta sauce (1st place trophy per-class for our events this year is provided by Casalingo Foods and their sauce is actually pretty legit)

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
It's been nice knowing you guys. I think I'm marked for death. Wife and I were driving down the road and a tree fell and hit her car. I caught it out of the corning of my eye and swerved, avoiding the worst of it, but I've seen Final Destination, so....

I CALLED DIBS ON THAT IC WHEN IT WAS STILL JUST A FANCY OFFICE DECORATION!

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I'm intimidated by the simracing subreddit's stories -- like, I don't want to get bodied by some n00b who decides to use me as the brakes, PIT maneuver me, etc. I play FH5 for funsies and do alright there as far as team lobby races go, but in FM7 I highly prefer time attack-style runs where we don't have to deal with traffic. But yeah, simracing parties are fun, I wish FM7 had Tsukuba and I really hope the next iteration includes the mk7 GTI/R (likely, FH5 has it) alongside the MS3 (unlikely, it was in FH3 IIRC but removed from FH4/5).

Either way, I might give iRacing a shot, once I figure out setting up the wheel. Ultimately though I don't get to it as much as I probably should if I wanted to git gud, ultimately though I'm a very casual racer and just trying to win some pasta sauce (1st place trophy per-class for our events this year is provided by Casalingo Foods and their sauce is actually pretty legit)
I almost played some FH5 last week, buuut I didn't see my car so I didn't bother.