GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Forum Boomers Attempt To Decipher Gen Z Mad Libs

riceburner

Autocross Champion
dont know haha. i bet the avg joe would think its a charge pipe. tbh everyone seemed to hate the noise pipe in the mk5 but i don't hear anything/annoying so its gonna stay IMO

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Heres something nobody asked for, more stock footage from over the years of my non greasy engine bays
1690835301610.png

1690835345779.png

1690835394818.png

1690835428074.png

1690835472071.png

1690835519989.png

riceburner

Autocross Champion
if ya squint they mint!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
1690836323267.png

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Wow 800 pages since March.

Also tire “shine” sucks tire “dressing” is awesome. Nice satin finish making it look black and clean. No shine.

02EA2BFD-E058-4BB3-BA3D-10D1A8F99393.jpeg

3D5FCB44-C582-49A9-B761-0F30AEE91371.jpeg

DE8BFED7-75B2-4CCC-8317-D06B2531D8CB.jpeg

So far Obsessed Garage Tire Dressing has been my favorite. Nice satin finish, easy to apply, and no sling whatsoever. All the others I tried had some sling which I hated. YMMV

riceburner

Autocross Champion
that OG dressing seems to work wonders! dig

riceburner

Autocross Champion
guess the stuff i've used does dry a little wetter than i would like. may try the OG or 303
1690837089797.png

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I signed up with allstate today and paid my first 6 months. I've never really took the time to look closely at my insurance, but now that I have I just noticed the majority of my fees were coming from my $1k collision deductible. It seems crazy that 2/3rds of my policy's cost was coming from the $1k deductible with progressive. It was $1320 every 6 months, and $841 of it is from the collision deductible. My new policy is about $50 a month cheaper, so not a huge difference, but I have 5x the bodily injury and uninsured coverage and 10x the property damage coverage I used to have. Went from the bare minimum legal requirement to what it should actually be at. lol, 50/100k and 100k property damage now.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
that OG dressing seems to work wonders! dig

Yeah I am a big fan. I apply it with a brush too if that makes any difference. I use the Raceglaze XL brush and it only takes me about one spray to do the whole tire. The only con really is expense... And it is expensive lol. But it works. I tried Gyeon’s ceramic tire dressing and Chemical Guys VRP and they were a bit shiny and slingy.

I have also heard of a new company called Armour Detail Supply that has some great products. Their tire dressing looks really good too. I would say it’s between that and OG Tire Dressing.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
I wish there were something in between, especially as tires get a little older. The rubber starts to look dull and I want to refresh it a little, but most tire shine goes too far and ends up looking like plastic.
303 Aerospace Protectant. Simply darkens the rubber and gives it a slight satin sheen, and protects the sidewalls from UV damage. Not shiny. It’s my go-to.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
303 Aerospace Protectant. Simply darkens the rubber and gives it a slight satin sheen, and protects the sidewalls from UV damage. Not shiny. It’s my go-to.

I use that on my interior never thought to try it on my tires.

I do like a shine tho