GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Forum Boomers Attempt To Decipher Gen Z Mad Libs

toothofwar

Autocross Champion

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
I was gonna say....the end result looks nice, but damn that's pricey

Yeah it is. I knew about it before I bought the other two but scoffed at the price and told myself it couldn’t make that much of a difference. Now here I am with two useless products and the OG stuff anyway :ROFLMAO:

With that in mind I would definitely try the Armour Detail Supply Tire+. It is much more cost effective and seems like a great alternative for that nice satin no sling finish. I haven’t personally tried it, but it has reviewed well.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
I have yet to come across a Cobalt SS in the wild.

I ran an HHR SS when I was stage 2 and he walked away with ease.

The Cobalt SS seems to have disappeared, I can't remember seeing one for a while. Likely that they all got beat to shit.

We discussed them a little on the Saab forums because there was some parts overlap with the 9-3 and it was interesting to see their SC'd engine vs our TC'd.

One page back. Cb done beat you to it.

However it's about damn time someone did something. There shits been getting smaller every year.

Damn, I swear I checked before posting. It was an early morning for me and the coffee still hasn't kicked in.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
I have yet to come across a Cobalt SS in the wild.

I ran an HHR SS when I was stage 2 and he walked away with ease.
Will say:

When i had my cobalt (and a stage 2ish setup) i DESTROYED a mkv gti in the wild. Caught the same guy a week later and we were much closer. I said wow what happened bro? And he said he went stage 2 lol.

Meanwhile, i had to sell the cobalt obviously years ago because it felt like it was falling apart, at 80k miles, and probably 7 years old (albeit, i had taken the entire car apart multiple times and i am not the worlds best mechanic) and now my mkv gti feels better at 120k miles and 15 years old than the cobalt ever did.

Any cobalt i see, which is also becoming exceedingly rare, has not aged well.

Cobalt was my dream car when i had it though. Loved the shit out of that car and felt like the hottest kid on the block with it, big sti wing and all

riceburner

Autocross Champion
The Cobalt SS seems to have disappeared, I can't remember seeing one for a while. Likely that they all got beat to shit.

We discussed them a little on the Saab forums because there was some parts overlap with the 9-3 and it was interesting to see their SC'd engine vs our TC'd.

Damn, I swear I checked before posting. It was an early morning for me and the coffee still hasn't kicked in.
Yeah the supercharged lsj was the same as on the of the 2.0t saabs i recall. It was interesting, my buddy had a 93 viggen and we felt like cousins

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Yeah the supercharged lsj was the same as on the of the 2.0t saabs i recall. It was interesting, my buddy had a 93 viggen and we felt like cousins

Yeah, the Cobalt and the 9-3 had the same engine, but Cobalt was blown and Saab was Turbo. I don't think the Viggen had that engine, it was the generation after that, but the Cobalt may have had the same transmission as the Vig. IIRC there were some other similarities between the two cars as well, like maybe brakes?

Very different target markets though :ROFLMAO:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Yeah, the Cobalt and the 9-3 had the same engine, but Cobalt was blown and Saab was Turbo. I don't think the Viggen had that engine, it was the generation after that, but the Cobalt may have had the same transmission as the Vig. IIRC there were some other similarities between the two cars as well, like maybe brakes?

Very different target markets though :ROFLMAO:
correct on all counts - viggen had a different 2.3L turbo IIRC.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Is that reggae I hear playing there?
Pretty much all I've been playing lately. Lots of Stick Figure, Rebelution, Iya Terra, Slightly Stoopid, Fortunate Youth, Stylie, Step Beats, Landon Mcnamara, The Movement, Ganjacat, The Elovators...

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Figured out some of my GPU problems last night. I've been having this issue with my TV flashing a black screen a couple times when I'm going back and forth between my monitor and TV. There was one time when I was playing diablo while watching a podcast and all of a sudden it was like my tv was no longer plugged into the gpu and my fps in diablo tanked to about 30 fps. Last night I finally pulled up the settings on my TV for a second and it was only showing 60 fps, so it was like well that's not right. I look at my settings on the pc and I change it to 120hz. It immediately loses connection and the tv displays a screen saver, it no longer receives an image. Put it back to 60hz and the image comes back right away. It took me a couple minutes, but then I look at the tv settings again and I notice g-sync is enabled. I disable g-sync and enable freesync, and all my problems are solved. It no longer flashes black and it can do 120fps again. I wonder if that's what was giving me issues that first night I had it, when I thought it was a driver issue.