GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Boat Salesman In Florida Colluding With Chicago, Sauce Level Rises In Deep Dish Pizzas

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Fricken parents. Get your foot off the non-existent brake pedal.

king1138

Go Kart Champion
I taught my brother on our sim racing setup.

But if you don't have that, I'd suggest this method.
1. Find an open parking lot
2. Do some of the below steps while explaining to youngin what's going on
3. Switch seats with youngin
4. Clutch in, 1st gear, and then slowly release clutch til it starts biting and then clutch back in again (right foot is on brake during this, and don't worry about going to neutral each time). The idea here is that you are practicing how to stop so that you're confident for when you have to go.
5. Repeat step 4 a few times to get the hang of releasing and then going back in (instead of releasing clutch and then releasing all the way - stalling).
6. Now right foot off the brake and do it again, clutch in... start inching forward, and then help with a bit of gas to get moving (I don't suggest blipping, more so holding the gas at around 1500rpm which you can practice at a standstill in neutral). And then just focus on clutching back in + brake to stop.
7. Repeat step 6 to get the hang of that, maybe even take a turn in the parking lot while you're at it.
8. Now that you've got some of the stop and go muscle memory down, find a bit larger of a stretch of pavement and go from a standstill to first and second (self explanatory).
At this point it should be a natural progression from here, unlocking the rest of the gears and just practicing. I suggest that when slowing down you teach to go to neutral and act like it's automatic car (right foot just on brake) and then after the apex you pick the right gear (2nd, or 3rd) and then rev up a bit (right foot should have moved from brake to gas after the apex) to get the motor engaged with the drivetrain. Eventually you'd teach them how to downshift into the gear you want before the corner (highly recommend this because having the motor engaged to your drivetrain through a corner is a very good thing).

The only way the kid will improve is if they mess up to figure out what went wrong.
Pro tip: Show some positivity/excitement when they get moving. Do not be like my dad and get all frustrated if they stall it or do something totally wrong. Forget about your throwout bearing for the time being (it will take a bit of abuse).
That's some excellent step-by-step guide. Thankfully, I have been able to keep my temper with her while she is learning (which is more than I can say for my wife, who my daughter describes as "dramatic", haha). I also know I'll be needing a clutch soon anyway, so if she burns out the clutch or throw out bearing I can get a solid upgrade!

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Buy early 2000's Honda

Teach her on that.

????

Let her drive the GTI.
A mini around that year is good too. Trying to go from a stop it'll chirp the tires instead of stalling.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
i say throw him in the drivers seat at a red light and start screaming at her when she stalls it

1000003057.gif

riceburner

Autocross Champion
The $50 wheels i bought are 114.3, the guy who sold them to me said they came off a jetta lol... maybe he was fucking with me? Beats me they are for sale now to hopefully sixtuple my profit

Awaiting getting my winter tires swapped on now. Cant wait because rhe tires that came on the car ride like hammered dogshit
20231107_161007.jpg

cb1111

That's some excellent step-by-step guide. Thankfully, I have been able to keep my temper with her while she is learning (which is more than I can say for my wife, who my daughter describes as "dramatic", haha). I also know I'll be needing a clutch soon anyway, so if she burns out the clutch or throw out bearing I can get a solid upgrade!
and blame it on her

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
The $50 wheels i bought are 114.3, the guy who sold them to me said they came off a jetta lol... maybe he was fucking with me? Beats me they are for sale now to hopefully sixtuple my profit

Awaiting getting my winter tires swapped on now. Cant wait because rhe tires that came on the car ride like hammered dogshitView attachment 294825
20210807_232839.jpg
20210520_005612.jpg

I'm just saying. These are 5x112 and will look sick on your car. One even still has a less than half warn indy 500 on it. I'm needing funds for 20s!!!!!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion