GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Spammers Selling Anti-Spam Solutions, Riceburner Perma-Banned Finally

cb1111

Wow yeah that does sound like him. He’ll eat and hours later, long after it should be digested, there’s chicken fingers on the floor (or toilet, hopefully). At this point we don’t mess around, if his anti-nausea meds don’t work we just take him to the ER in hopes that the dehydration can be caught before he has to be admitted for it.

Because he’s not quite old enough that he can be left alone for a few minutes at a time I’ve become something of a professional at hospital stays… I basically have a go bag that just needs a couple extra things to throw in it. We roll in with our Little Red Wagon full of stuff knowing that we’re not leaving.
Have you tried coke syrup? I must have been six or seven when the docs told my mom that I'd be admitted if my vomiting didn't stop by the next day. A doc told my mom to go to the Rexall and get a bottle of coke syrup. That helped me keep fluids down and kept me out of the hospital. Flat coke works too.

That was the same hospital that put my grandfather on LSD following a stroke, so YMMV - the joy of military hospitals in the 60's...

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
CSB: Must have been a Santa Crawl in New Haven this weekend. LOTS of drunk kids (20 something) wearing Santa outfits at 4:30 in the afternoon on Saturday.

#oldman

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Sounds fun. On Saturday GF and I assembled a shed-in-a-box so I could pull my lawncare equipment and car parts out of the garage. It took a surprising amount out of us. By the time we were sitting down at the bar for brews and dinner we were both totally wiped out. She had to make an emergency Dunkin run so that we didn't end up falling asleep.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Crashed out at like 4:30 pm yesterday. I woke up at 7 to brush my teeth but then went right back to sleep.

Not sure why, but I was somehow tired enough to sleep almost 11 hours.

Sleepy times around here too, 16.8 years til we pass the Scamdemic for post count.

Last edited:

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Have you tried coke syrup? I must have been six or seven when the docs told my mom that I'd be admitted if my vomiting didn't stop by the next day. A doc told my mom to go to the Rexall and get a bottle of coke syrup. That helped me keep fluids down and kept me out of the hospital. Flat coke works too.

That was the same hospital that put my grandfather on LSD following a stroke, so YMMV - the joy of military hospitals in the 60's...
Coke syrup… I had no idea that was a thing. I’ll look into it.

The kiddo saw a new neurologist today and based on testing and everything that’s happened it’s likely that at some point in the next year or two he’ll move past the vomiting episodes and end up with bad headaches instead. Not that I want him to have headaches but if I have to choose I think I’d take that over vomiting.

LSD following a stroke? That’s wild.

I’m still unbelievably drained after that last hospital event. Outside of bare minimum chores all I can stand to do is sit in front of the fireplace and stare at it.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
1702322601745.jpeg

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I kinda want to build a lean-to shed on the back side of our garage, so I can have a place to put some of our lawn equipment. Maybe that will be a springtime project, it doesn't really need to be much in the way of space.
Where does that stuff stay now? If it's the garage then YES build it ASAP.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Where does that stuff stay now? If it's the garage then YES build it ASAP.
Yeah, unfortunately. Since we moved in (like 2016) I've wanted to separate the lawn equipment from the cars/tools, but it's been continually pushed back in the name of car parts. But I've got a crafty plan (I think) that would stay hidden enough that nobody would ever see any of it, have a rudimentary lock on it, and give me a spring project to do. Shouldn't be more than a couple hundred dollars, which while I know could also buy me a halfway decent shed, I like to build things.

Really, I should see if I can get a second job for like 2-3 months so I can get the car projects wrapped up. I've always had long-term projects for cars, where I'd be constantly driving it, and then making little improvements and learning about what else could be done to improve performance. But now that I've got a taste of what a well-setup car feels like, I just want it all all at once.

cb1111

Coke syrup… I had no idea that was a thing. I’ll look into it.

The kiddo saw a new neurologist today and based on testing and everything that’s happened it’s likely that at some point in the next year or two he’ll move past the vomiting episodes and end up with bad headaches instead. Not that I want him to have headaches but if I have to choose I think I’d take that over vomiting.

LSD following a stroke? That’s wild.

I’m still unbelievably drained after that last hospital event. Outside of bare minimum chores all I can stand to do is sit in front of the fireplace and stare at it.
Yeah - hanging out in hospitals doing nothing is incredibly draining.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Yeah, unfortunately. Since we moved in (like 2016) I've wanted to separate the lawn equipment from the cars/tools, but it's been continually pushed back in the name of car parts. But I've got a crafty plan (I think) that would stay hidden enough that nobody would ever see any of it, have a rudimentary lock on it, and give me a spring project to do. Shouldn't be more than a couple hundred dollars, which while I know could also buy me a halfway decent shed, I like to build things.

Really, I should see if I can get a second job for like 2-3 months so I can get the car projects wrapped up. I've always had long-term projects for cars, where I'd be constantly driving it, and then making little improvements and learning about what else could be done to improve performance. But now that I've got a taste of what a well-setup car feels like, I just want it all all at once.

That would be a nice spring project. It’s nice having that stuff separated.

I delivered pizzas when I wanted extra cash. This was before DoorDash maybe you can do that?