GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Forum Boomers Attempt To Decipher Gen Z Mad Libs

riceburner

Autocross Champion
holy shit $30 for a mechanical keyboard is dope, they've really come down in price. Any mech is better than rubber domes/scissor switches (rule of thumb, there are some very rare exceptions)

enjoy and be aware that some nerds get SUPER intense about it, but at the end of the day it's whatever you like to type on and however much effort you want to put into it. I'm not at the point of stickering, lubing, and spring swapping all 104 keys and getting artisan caps, but I'm a little picky. PBT caps feel much nicer, and for 'clicky' switches I like o-rings.

Enjoy your new toy
'preciate the input. yeah idk if i can buy literally 1 or two of all switch types just to see what i really like (if any lol) but it seemed like i would like brown switches just from watching some vids on how they sound lol

cb1111

Gents need a laptop for personal use. Won't be doing anything crazy on it: mostly office work. I'll have a few apps running at a time. What do you suggest, I'd be looking for 16GIG ram. What's the thought on Mac's?

Overpriced for their specs, however they do work well and hold up better than any Windows based computer I've ever owned. My wife's 10 year old MacBook Air is still kicking. I can't say I've ever had a PC make it past the 3 year mark.
It depends on what programs you'll be using and there is a learning curve with Mac (where's the damn left mouse button?). Using the traditional MS suite is a bit clunkier on Mac too - kind of like you're a vew versions behind.

I'm running a couple of 10+ year old Dells with Win 11 for just browsing and word processing and they run fine for those tasks.

I'm working on a 4 year old dell now with i7 and 32gb of ram. I'm not planning on replacing it for another 4 years or so.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Air good enough for a normal human or do I need to go pro?

Like oddspyke said the air is all most people need but they don’t have the ports. For most home/student use probably not a big deal since everything is online.

How much memory does your computer have now? You might run through 512 quickly. I think that is all I have but I move stuff off onto hard drives.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Like oddspyke said the air is all most people need but they don’t have the ports. For most home/student use probably not a big deal since everything is online.

How much memory does your computer have now? You might run through 512 quickly. I think that is all I have but I move stuff off onto hard drives.
I don't use any memory really. 512 is more than i need.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
wasn't he banned or something?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
i think he crossed the line something about all seasons, dsg, 4motion and straight line performance

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
It's that time of year again. If you're cold, they're cold. Bring them in.

20240117_172632.jpg