GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Spammers Selling Anti-Spam Solutions, Riceburner Perma-Banned Finally

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Maybe I'll throw my hat into the ring...

messrock

Autocross Champion
1712170031219.jpeg

dtfd

Autocross Champion
You just end up flipping the board off the table and telling everybody to fuck off. That’s how good games of Monopoly end. If you actually count the money and declare a winner, you didn’t do it right.
My ex-gf told me I was no longer allowed to play monopoly with her family because of the way I kept cutting deals with people to trade properties.

That's why she's an ex. Never appreciated the art of the deal.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Weird interview, they're sold on me, but not that they're even going down this path. Hurry up and wait 30-45 days to find out. Either they're creating this new position and it's mine, or everything stays the same and this position doesn't get created.
Flip the board, flip the board, flip the board.

Jay twirling a 2 x4. "Am I doing it right"?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
If you play Monopoly by the rules, the game actually doesn't take long at all. Two biggest rules that are in the official rules that people don't abide by:

1. If a player lands on a property and doesn't buy it, it shouldn't just remain unsold for the next person to land on it. It should be auctioned off.
2. There's a set number houses and hotels for a reason. That limit shouldn't be passed. "All the houses are gone, we'll just use a penny to signifiy a house, and a nickel to signify a hotel" NO!

If you follow those two rules, it actually speeds up the game greatly. That 2nd rule also allows the tactic of house hoarding. Buy houses, don't upgrade to hotels, thus returning the houses to the supply. You can eventually lock people out from being able to upgrade their properties.

dtfd

Autocross Champion

If you follow those two rules, it actually speeds up the game greatly. That 2nd rule also allows the tactic of house hoarding. Buy houses, don't upgrade to hotels, thus returning the houses to the supply. You can eventually lock people out from being able to upgrade their properties.
So....the real estate market today?

Buy houses, don't relieve the shortage in supply?

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
So....the real estate market today?

Buy houses, don't relieve the shortage in supply?

I didn't want to be the one to flirt with Rule 2 but damn if I didn't have the same exact thought. Buy up a bunch of houses, hoard the properties, don't relieve the shortage in supply. Life imitates art.

At least in Monopoly you're not paying an 8% - 30 yr mortgage?

messrock

Autocross Champion
I didn't want to be the one to flirt with Rule 2 but damn if I didn't have the same exact thought. Buy up a bunch of houses, hoard the properties, don't relieve the shortage in supply. Life imitates art.

At least in Monopoly you're not paying an 8% - 30 yr mortgage?
That’s where the side deals come in.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
If you play Monopoly by the rules, the game actually doesn't take long at all. Two biggest rules that are in the official rules that people don't abide by:

1. If a player lands on a property and doesn't buy it, it shouldn't just remain unsold for the next person to land on it. It should be auctioned off.
2. There's a set number houses and hotels for a reason. That limit shouldn't be passed. "All the houses are gone, we'll just use a penny to signifiy a house, and a nickel to signify a hotel" NO!

100% but also pity deals and stuff, being ok with some poor person not paying the full rent, shit like that always kills the game

cb1111

Weird interview, they're sold on me, but not that they're even going down this path. Hurry up and wait 30-45 days to find out. Either they're creating this new position and it's mine, or everything stays the same and this position doesn't get created.
Next step "Jay745, can you do those new tasks for a while so that we can evaluate if that position is required.... - in addition to your normal job, of course, and no bump in pay"

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Next step "Jay745, can you do those new tasks for a while so that we can evaluate if that position is required.... - in addition to your normal job, of course, and no bump in pay"

Loved hearing that shit at like year 3 or 4 post grad. We'll put you into an "Interim" role. At 25, eyes were real big thinking about potential. Had all of the responsibilities and none of the pay.

Turns out Interim was more like Indefinite. Coworker of mine, similar age, same company, different department, same story. When he went to management and said "It's been a couple years, can you give me the full title and the commensurate pay" they said no. He left 3 months later to a 30% raise. The writing was on the wall and I left 3 months after that, with a 40% raise.

The internet says that the single best thing you can do to grow your income is jump companies every 2 years on average. Unfortunately I'm not an accountant, in finance, or a programmer.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
i am pretty certain i too could get a pretty big bump in pay if switching (i'm a civil engineer of sorts who has worn a lot of 'hats' here) but dammit i love my company too much and like the work we do. too many unknowns jumping to a different company like maybe i'd have to be a sidewalk inspector for 5 years or some stupid hard shit that i wouldn't have the support on that i do at my current company