GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Boat Salesman In Florida Colluding With Chicago, Sauce Level Rises In Deep Dish Pizzas

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
I just support people and business who do the right thing. Discount has always done the right thing. I don’t blame the company for inexperienced or lazy techs and they’re usually very good if I insist they get the road force under 10 lbs. And when I’ve been unhappy with tires, they’ve always taken them back. They’ve always squeezed me in at a moment’s notice if I’m unhappy with the ride.
It actually applies force to the tire via a roller to simulate the tire rolling on the ground. A tire can balance perfectly on a spin balancer but still have uneven force on the road causing vibrations. The machine allows the tech to (ideally) counteract or pinpoint any runout or forces.

Usually results in a better ride.
A good shop is a good shop, and they're hard to find. Almost as hard to find as a good mechanic.
or you can just buy a new car instead of replacing the tires
Paging Dr. @riceburner

Btw happy birthday

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
The challenge is finding a place with road force equipment. Surprisingly not common.

And remember just because they have a Hunter Road Force machine doesn't mean everyone who works there knows how to use it properly.

At the Discount tire I use there is one guy who is good with that machine. I was told by the manager to only have that guy do it for me.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Why not? Franchising usually means a local business owner who bought a franchise license to operate that location, unless it’s a company that allows non-local owners. Discount isn’t even a franchise tho. Corporately owned.

That being said, I don’t know why people insist on shunning business that become successful. Discount started as one location and grew 🤷‍♂️
Too many owners that just want to be an owner of a place and reap the profits. They're not involved in the business and don't care about the quality of work being done. My favorite places to go are the ones where the owner is actively involved. The mechanics I go to, the window tint guy I use, my painter, my powder coater, anything I do, generally the owner is the one doing the work or at the very least he's in the shop in some capacity. You can find franchises/corporate places like that here and there, but I feel better about going to independent shops that have gained a reputation for their work and not just because it's some well known franchise that has a store on every other block. I think they're fine for your average driver, but not for enthusiasts.

GolNat

Autocross Champion

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
You can all come to Delaware and use my local shop. Gene is the owner and he basically lives there to make sure everything is right. Ask for Gene.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Too many owners that just want to be an owner of a place and reap the profits. They're not involved in the business and don't care about the quality of work being done.
This is all bad bosses.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
That’s my wife’s move… old CX-9 needed new tires, the next day she came home with a new Outback…

"Oops, I accidentally bought a new car!"