GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Boat Salesman In Florida Colluding With Chicago, Sauce Level Rises In Deep Dish Pizzas

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Actually, the social security cap has been well over $100k for at least ten years Benefits Planner | Social Security Tax Limits on Your Earnings | SSA , but yes, having that cap is foolish but removing it won't fix the fact that those with social security as their primary income in retirement would be on the street if the minimum wage goes up to $50.

And yes, who will study and work their ass off to be a mechanic if they are making the same wage as the burger flipper? If they are making double or triple what the burger flipper makes, then they'll want that after the minimum wage is raised.

Australia's minimum wage is AUD23 and change The national minimum wage | Fair Work Commission (fwc.gov.au) which works out to about US$15. The tax rate there is quite a bit higher too

View attachment 301174

The bottom line is that if the minimum wage goes up, then the cost of goods increases as well. Where do you think the Big Mac Index would be with a $50 minimum wage. Working time required to buy a Big Mac in cities worldwide 2018 | Statista

As you correctly noted, the minimum wage has nothing to do with the income of a CEO - but European CEOs also get exorbitant compensation. I know a Deutsche Bank exec who took early retirement at 800k Euros a year - but with a $50 minimum wage, that would be like $100k a year once the new cost of living is calculated.
Those minimum wage earners in Australia have tax funded healthcare and college, so not even close to the same thing.

You're being pedantic. $100k, $200k, doesn't matter. The cap is too low. We have people making tens or hundreds of millions paying peanuts in both SS and income taxes.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
two different things
Nope. Change $100k to $169k in my OP and the point is still the same.

Same same. No difference in the context of the discussion.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Wouldnt mind being rich personally, woodys opinion of me be damned

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Still awaiting to leave hopsical. No shoes on hand.
1000014120.jpg

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Maybe in your experience but that’s not been mine over years and years of using them 🤷‍♂️

Regardless, time to find a new go-to tire shop I guess.

I have had good luck with Discount Tire over the years. It seems the last couple of times I have been there the quality of service has really gone down. The tire busters who were once knowledgeable and careful workers have been replaced by a crew who don't seem to give a damn or know what they are doing.

Last time there was to replace the TPMS sensors on my wife's MINI. At 16 years old their batteries where dying. The young women who changed them out was an exception to the above. She did an excellent job. Although the dolt who installed the wheels on the car did the usual over-torque the crap out of them. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I would like to be rich. You guys can eat me
Can you begin marinating yourself right now? It'll take me a day or 2 to drive up there, so you should be ready to grill when I get there.